PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: The Fiat 500 Spare Tire Kit has Arrived!

Fiat500USA
09-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/ds88f8Jbu-o/breaking-news-fiat-500-spare-tire-kit.html)

Thad
09-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Damn, Chris beat me to it!
The MOPAR Compact Spare Tire Kit for the FIAT 500. Part number - 82212995.

The kit combines all the necessary parts needed to complete the full compact spare installation; including the compact spare, jack, and carrying case. The dealer installed MOPAR Compact Spare Tire Kit will be priced at $275 plus installation.

The MOPAR kit now provides the flexibility for Studios to order the standard Tire Inflator Kit and then add the Compact Spare Tire kit at the time of sale. The MOPAR kit allows customers the option of the added security of both features.

Like it says above, list price is $275. I still firmly believe that the original Prima owners should get a shot at ordering this at a discount. Our PE package was equipped and priced as if both the Safety and Convenience and Safety and Sound packages were included. We paid the price and got those all options except for the spare kit.

-Thad

macfish
09-07-2011, 03:41 PM
When I got my Sport, I made sure that it had the spare already installed. However, reading the owners manual it pretty clearly cautions against going through automated car washes with the spare tire installed! So now I'm debating removing it, since in OH it's be nice to go through one every once in awhile during impending winter months. Plus come to think of it I never used the similar spare in the MINI.

Giallo Edizione
09-07-2011, 03:49 PM
When I got my Sport, I made sure that it had the spare already installed. However, reading the owners manual it pretty clearly cautions against going through automated car washes with the spare tire installed! So now I'm debating removing it, since in OH it's be nice to go through one every once in awhile during impending winter months. Plus come to think of it I never used the similar spare in the MINI.

Yikes, I better check mine, especially since I have the Eibach lowering springs installed....

Garrett Adams
09-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Are you sure the manual is not using the word installed to mean in place of a flat tire, and not in its' stored position.

500MADNESS.com
09-07-2011, 05:51 PM
In case anyone needs just the FIAT Jack we now have them in inventory.

Here is the direct link:

http://500madness.com/500madness/shop/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=jack&product_id=593

nolalou
09-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Are you sure the manual is not using the word installed to mean in place of a flat tire, and not in its' stored position.

I didn't notice that in the manual, but it would make sense that it would mean installed in place of the original tire, since the most auto car washes have 'tire guides' that might somehow cause problems with the spare. I can't see how the spare attached to the bottom of the car would cause any problem, since most car washes don't spay water underneath.