Can you order heated seats as a stand-alone option on a POP C 500? Thanks

cmj912
09-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Yes.

Fiat500USA
09-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Can you order heated seats as a stand-alone option on a POP C 500? Thanks

Hi moosedoo, welcome to the forum!

As far as I know, you can get heated seats as a dealer installed option.

cmj912
09-06-2011, 03:35 PM

You used to be able to click it as a stand-alone option right at the web site. I knew it was dealer-installed, but...

The whole options thing is getting more and more complicated. LOL

luckymoi
09-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Hey! I tried the heated seats (Lounge... pelle) and am pleased to say the lower back as well as the seat cushion has heat. The I30 we had only had the cushion heated and its not enjough. Wording for fiesta/focus was unclear and salesmen did not know.
Heated seats in Calif? What has the world come to? LOL

WIBOB
09-06-2011, 09:21 PM
If you order them from the dealer as a option the wiring harness must include all the connections. If not, I don't think I would want my dealer running wires all over the place. Has anybody had this done? Does it have the original factory switches on the console or is the switch on the seat?

Freedomland
09-06-2011, 09:50 PM
I have the same question. Brown's has been adding heated seats to cars for a bit but never on a Fiat (yet) that is an Aftermarket item.. however is the original Fiat Heated seats available as a dealer installed item???

LyraJayne
09-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Hey! I tried the heated seats (Lounge... pelle) and am pleased to say the lower back as well as the seat cushion has heat. The I30 we had only had the cushion heated and its not enjough. Wording for fiesta/focus was unclear and salesmen did not know.
Heated seats in Calif? What has the world come to? LOL

I love my heated seats and you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming out of CA. (Which has been tried before.) Heated seats + open sunroof on a clear night = happy me.

Fiat500USA
09-07-2011, 01:57 AM
I love my heated seats and you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming out of CA. (Which has been tried before.) Heated seats + open sunroof on a clear night = happy me.

I love that, too. I also like the A/C on with the windows or roof open. I feel guilty so I don't do it much, but I love the fresh air.

cmj912
09-07-2011, 09:12 AM
I love that, too. I also like the A/C on with the windows or roof open. I feel guilty so I don't do it much, but I love the fresh air.

I like to pop the roof up with the air or fan on. I just like the light breeze. I also almost never put the car on Recirc. The air gets stale really fast.

Dear old Mom and Grandma used to love to smoke in the car with the windows closed and the fan off. Perhaps to get the full effect of their Benson & Hedges. jk...
To each his own, right?

Chris
09-07-2011, 11:31 AM
My only concern with heated seats in the FIAT is that it's only on/off. Ten years with a car that adjusted from nicely warm to toasted muffin may have me spoiled.

LyraJayne
09-07-2011, 12:15 PM
My only concern with heated seats in the FIAT is that it's only on/off. Ten years with a car that adjusted from nicely warm to toasted muffin may have me spoiled.

Yeah, that took a day or so to get used to - especially because I didn't realize at first that they cycle on and off. I'm a touch spoiled by the Subaru there. Still, they get a lot toastier than the Subaru did which is super handy when my back seizes up.

moosedoo
09-07-2011, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Since I didn't see an option for adding heated seats when configuring "building" your own car, I wondered how you went about adding the FACTORY (not aftermarket) heated seats to a new car that you were ordering. Seems simple enough. Has anyone done this? What was your experience? Does a salesperson check a box on the order sheet with color, and other options? And, as someone pointed to, are the seats wired with factory plugs if the dealer installs? No switch on the dash for heated seats? Confusing , to say the least. Thanks again every one!!

Freedomland
09-07-2011, 11:29 PM
on the original accessory list that i saw on the fiat500usa page it said that the seats were not just on and off... did that change??? I thought it might have 2 levels like my Mini does... and I would also like the fiat ones.. not an aftermarket one

from the accessory catalog:

Seat & Security Covers - Heated Seats
Mopar heated seats are tested to the rigid Chrysler standards. The Mopar heated seats feature high, medium, and low settings. All heated seat kits are deigned to work with cloth or leather

Heated seats for front passengers with high, medium and low settings. Will work withcloth or leather seats Part# 82212342 MSRP $299.00
Install time TBD avail 3rd quarter 2011

Chris
09-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Looking now at the iPhone FIAT Manual, it says

"Press the switch once to turn on the heated seat. Press the switch a second time to turn off the heated seat."

cmj912
09-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Perhaps that's the difference between the factory heated seats and the standard party line that comes with the Mopar kits. Since the Mopar kits are advertised as available for any Chrysler product I'd think they'd be different.

Has anyone had the accessory heated seats installed? Where are the buttons?

Kate N Ant
09-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Hey all, new owner here. We got a Pop Cab, 5 speed, no options. For September, Fiat is offering $500 in free accessories, and we chose the heated seats. When I get them put in, will give more info.

Fiat500USA
09-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Hey all, new owner here. We got a Pop Cab, 5 speed, no options. For September, Fiat is offering $500 in free accessories, and we chose the heated seats. When I get them put in, will give more info.

Hi Kate N Ant, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the info, I'm interested in seeing what the MOPAR heated seats are like, too. :cool:

moosedoo
09-12-2011, 11:04 AM

Yes, I would be interested to know about your experience with the heated seats. I too would like a no option cabrio but my little wife wants the heated seats. : Thanks for your info!

Freedomland
12-22-2011, 06:45 PM
I saw acar at Browns Fiat that had been ordered (with Dealer installed Heated Seats) but the customer changed their mind regarding the color. so the car is there. The switches are around the sides of the center console angled toward each seat.. and 3 position.. a real nice look

except it's a $699 dealer install!! oy! (3rd party)

but at $299 and a lot of labor.. I'm wondering what the mopar version will cost

FiatGusto
12-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Just a late reply, but just started using heated seats as temp was 16 in our town last night.
I really wish they were adjustable too. When on, get almost too hot. Would love them to have at least two temps like my
Mitsubishi Endeavor has.
Love everything else tho. If anyone can develop a fix, I would sure buy it. BORIS??

buzzny
12-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Just a late reply, but just started using heated seats as temp was 16 in our town last night.
I really wish they were adjustable too. When on, get almost too hot. Would love them to have at least two temps like my
Mitsubishi Endeavor has.
Love everything else tho. If anyone can develop a fix, I would sure buy it. BORIS??

I agree about having selectable temps. But having the heat is sure better than not on cold days. To me it seems these seats (even with both on) don't load down the electrical system as much as I've seen on other manufactures vehicles.

fernando torres
12-28-2011, 06:43 AM
Its great and thrilling for me to read this thread and its replies with wonderful pictures of FIAT, thanks for sharing your expert opinions here. Actually real help provided here. Yeah our car is very special for us too.

fernando torres
12-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Yeah. its helpful to read about heated seats issue and we love to read these threads for our FIAT problem solutions.

fernando torres
01-02-2012, 02:40 AM
Its great and thrilling for me to read this thread and its replies with wonderful pictures of FIAT, thanks for sharing your expert opinions here. Actually real help provided here. Yeah our car is very special for us too.

fernando torres
01-02-2012, 02:41 AM
Yeah. its helpful to read about heated seats issue and we love to read these threads for our FIAT problem solutions.

FiaTED
02-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Yes.

Not according to the Fiat website