PDA

View Full Version : What does this caution light mean.

mwtucker
09-02-2011, 10:32 PM
There is an amber warning light that started flashing....it appears to be a "car" symbol with a padlock on it... It is located at the bottom on the right side of the speedometer... This indicator does not illuminate when all the others do when first starting the car. We had the security system go off accidentally (operator error with the key), so my guess is that it is related to the security system... I can't find the icon in the user's manual.... What does this caution indicator mean?

Thanks,
Mike

GotFiat
09-02-2011, 10:50 PM
if you read in the middle of the evic it would have read "Break in attempt" that's what happens when the alarm goes off, just turn the car off and turn it back on again :)

ciddyguy
09-03-2011, 12:58 PM
There is an amber warning light that started flashing....it appears to be a "car" symbol with a padlock on it... It is located at the bottom on the right side of the speedometer... This indicator does not illuminate when all the others do when first starting the car. We had the security system go off accidentally (operator error with the key), so my guess is that it is related to the security system... I can't find the icon in the user's manual.... What does this caution indicator mean?

Thanks,
Mike

This car comes standard with an immobilizer unit and a light that comes on when you start the car and remains on during the bulb check and would flash if it indicated you have an improperly coded key and would then shut off the car within 2 seconds but if you have the right key, will go out like normal and let the car continue to run. That same light is also used for the alarm (when equipped) and when you shut off the car and hit the lock button, it'll flash rapidly for several seconds before slowing down to a slow blinking mode to indicate the car is armed. That same indicator if found solidly lit is an indicator that someone has attempted to make an unlawful entry and thus the alarm has been activated and as said in the comment above, the EVIC should've said something about unlawful attempted in the display when you get in.

Fiat500USA
09-03-2011, 08:20 PM
This also happens when you press the lock button on the remote and then close the door but it doesn't close all the way. The alarm goes off and will set this light.