PDA

View Full Version : For those in canada, how much did you pay for oil change ?

bloglo
09-01-2011, 10:24 AM
almost 6000km done, must go soon for the oil change

how much did you pay for the oil change ?
dealer or other ?
other services were charged ?

thanks

Mpath
09-07-2011, 10:11 PM
I'll let you know tomorrow when I get my first oil change. At the Fiat dealer.

Dwaynek
09-07-2011, 11:23 PM
About $100 including oil and filter all taxes in

cmj912
09-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Canadian cars do not come with maintenance?

bloglo
09-08-2011, 10:01 AM
no... it's part of the classic canadian customer scam.

The car is about 1500$ more expensive in canada, 3 years warranty instead of 4, no free maintenance and parts and accessories 50% more expensive

all that with an exchange rate that should be a clear advantage and the NAFTA that get no duty fees between Canada, USA and Mexico.

every car company screw us that way... even cars that are actually built in canada are more expensive here than south of the border.

everything in canada is 20% higher in canada : cars, furniture, food, baby diapers, clothings, electronics

cmj912
09-08-2011, 01:47 PM
no... it's part of the classic canadian customer scam.

The car is about 1500$ more expensive in canada, 3 years warranty instead of 4, no free maintenance and parts and accessories 50% more expensive

all that with an exchange rate that should be a clear advantage and the NAFTA that get no duty fees between Canada, USA and Mexico.

every car company screw us that way... even cars that are actually built in canada are more expensive here than south of the border.

everything in canada is 20% higher in canada : cars, furniture, food, baby diapers, clothings, electronics

Wow, thank you for explaining that. I knew Canadians paid more for certain things (hence the large number of cars from over the border that we saw for so many years when visiting shopping towns here in the Northeast like North Conway, NH). I had no idea it was such a drastic difference with respect to cars.

Dwaynek
09-08-2011, 11:39 PM
And the strangest thing our Canadian dollar is worth more than the us dollar!