PDA

View Full Version : New Fiat 500 Abarth models to launch in Europe

Fiat500USA
08-31-2011, 01:25 AM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/5Mdk2YK95m4/new-fiat-500-abarth-models-to-launch-in.html)

Chris
08-31-2011, 06:58 AM
That's great info! So we might be able to infer that, if we get either version, that HP will be in the 160-180+ range. Plus Xenon, etc... many thing people have been wanting here. Let's see what carries over. :)

Now- price. Based on current UK prices, the current exchange rate, etc. I'm afraid these are going to be in the $35,000 plus range.

cmj912
08-31-2011, 08:21 AM
That's great info! So we might be able to infer that, if we get either version, that HP will be in the 160-180+ range. Plus Xenon, etc... many thing people have been wanting here. Let's see what carries over. :)

Now- price. Based on current UK prices, the current exchange rate, etc. I'm afraid these are going to be in the $35,000 plus range.

Wow. Talk about high-end. Amazing that we in the USA do not take small cars as seriously as they do overseas.
Soon enough!

As for Abarth I'm assuming they intend to build the US Market vehicle in Toluca? Would the sales volume demand it or would it be easier logistically to import them from Poland?

Fiat500USA
08-31-2011, 10:02 AM
The Abarth models are built alongside the regular 500 models, so that should help keep prices down ;) and help with availability. Here is a story I did on the European factory last year (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2010/08/inside-fiat-500-factory.html).

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-RyEcIf2Zd4o/THP2kAFu-gI/AAAAAAAADmI/Kr3zJtVz17Q/s400/Fiat500USA-500_Abarth_Factory.jpg

Jeepnut
09-01-2011, 06:16 AM
Oh man that Cabrio Italia Abarth looks good. I'd be on that like a fat kid on a cupcake! The interior is just beautiful. That blue exterior and those wheels oh man I think I just found my dream car! To bad we will never get it here

PFVA63
09-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi,

To be honest, I think those Abarth models look ok, but I honestly kind of prefer the looks of some of the current base models more.

I like the looks of the Abarth front ends shown in the above link, but I don't care much for the added on side pieces (nor those on the Sport either), and I really don't car for the back bumper/fascia shown on the Blue Abarth, at the above link, at all.

As far as the interior goes, I hate to say this but to me those Abarth seats look a bit too overdone, and don't really seem to match the rest of the interior all that much. In some ways they kind of make me think of some of those new really expensive tennis shoes/trainers or basketball shoes that seem to put maybe too much emphasis on style and image than practicality.

Overall if I could put together my idea for a good looking version I think I'd prefer an Abarth front end, Pop sides with the Base Sport Alloy wheels and brakes, a Sport back end fascia and spoiler, with a Grigio and Ivory Pop or Lounge interior, with ATC, a manual transmission and no sunroof or convertible.

Sorry for going off track :dispirited:

Regards

Pat