PDA

View Full Version : DIY Footrest/Dead Pedal

macfish
08-26-2011, 05:20 PM
OK, not really a pedal, but something to protect the carpet.
Home Depot, flooring section, Mohawk Floor Guard vinyl stair tread in black.
Package of Velcro sticky back strips.
Some measuring, cutting, attach velcro hook pieces and voila.
We'll see how well it holds, etc. but didn't want to do anything permanent until I see what becomes available in a real pedal set.

MrFiat
08-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Looks great. Nice job. Sure beats putting screws through the sheet metal !:encouragement:

sjmst
08-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Good idea

F500
08-26-2011, 08:02 PM
looks great. I have a friend that fabricates and was going to make an aluminum footrest for me. we'll see if he comes through.

also, off topic, where did you get your Coco Mats? they look great too.....always loved the Coco Mats, dating back to my Volvo days. :)

Fiat500USA
08-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Good idea

+1. Looks good, too!

ciddyguy
08-26-2011, 10:13 PM
looks great. I have a friend that fabricates and was going to make an aluminum footrest for me. we'll see if he comes through.

also, off topic, where did you get your Coco Mats? they look great too.....always loved the Coco Mats, dating back to my Volvo days. :)

Go to cocomat.com, it's the original Coco-Mat site.

EugeneS
08-27-2011, 01:11 AM
macfish, looks great! :) You've just gave me a good idea for the dead pedal cover. I am also planing to buy coco mats.

Looks great. Nice job. Sure beats putting screws through the sheet metal !:encouragement:

Speaking of putting screws through the sheet metal, how much damage will this cause in the long run? I mean metal corrosion since I assume the paint/protection coat will be damaged. I really like aluminum cover by BLACK, but I am hesitant to drill holes.

Thad
08-29-2011, 01:08 PM
macfish, You are missing the protective cover for your OBDII connector.

SeaDawg
08-29-2011, 02:07 PM
macfish, You are missing the protective cover for your OBDII connector.

Protective cover? What steenking protective cover? There's not one on mine either.

macfish
08-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Cover?

F500
08-29-2011, 08:37 PM
cover? I've got one. and thanks for the cocomat.com link!

still looking for a footrest though. no reply from my fab buddy..... :(

FiatGusto
08-29-2011, 09:23 PM
I have a cover.

SeaDawg
08-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Protective cover? What steenking protective cover? There's not one on mine either.

I'll see if I can get a picture. When looking at it it looks just like what I see in the slightly out of focus part of the picture that macfish posted.

Pink Buddha
08-30-2011, 01:19 PM
I met Drew of cocomats.com when he was doing the Jay Leno photo shoot, and he mentioned that they might try to come up with a version of something for the dead pedal. Perhaps if we all ganged up on them... :playful:

cmj912
08-30-2011, 06:32 PM
I would even pay a jacked up price! I actually avoid putting my foot anywhere on that carpeting.

luckymoi
08-31-2011, 01:04 PM
OK, not really a pedal, but something to protect the carpet.
Home Depot, flooring section, Mohawk Floor Guard vinyl stair tread in black.
Package of Velcro sticky back strips.
Some measuring, cutting, attach velcro hook pieces and voila.
We'll see how well it holds, etc. but didn't want to do anything permanent until I see what becomes available in a real pedal set.

I went to home cheapo this morning ... the guy was clueless... suggested HD has it on the web... taking pic to Lowe's. I like you design and install.
Bravo!

Dennis Clouser
09-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Brilliant Job!!!!

Affton
12-04-2012, 01:43 AM
macfish, looks great! :) You've just gave me a good idea for the dead pedal cover. I am also planing to buy coco mats.
Speaking of putting screws through the sheet metal, how much damage will this cause in the long run? I mean metal corrosion since I assume the paint/protection coat will be damaged. I really like aluminum cover by BLACK, but I am hesitant to drill holes.
Nice and interesting for me ,keep it up friends .

luckymoi
12-05-2012, 01:17 AM
I met Drew of cocomats.com when he was doing the Jay Leno photo shoot, and he mentioned that they might try to come up with a version of something for the dead pedal. Perhaps if we all ganged up on them... :playful:
I have cocomats front and back and in the trunk,
Black with red spots and red trim
Would buy one to match, I'll call him tomorrow.
Thanks for that idea...

Called him, left a msg about dead pedal coverage; stay tuned.

Btw the mats I have from them do have grommets to use the floor hooks. I'm betting those floor hooks/grommets are a federal requirement.

cmj912
12-05-2012, 09:41 AM
I have cocomats front and back and in the truck,
Back with red spots and red trim
Would buy one to match, I'll call him tomorrow.
Thanks for that idea...

Did they ever change the design to indicate whether the mat goes up over the dead pedal? I can see that in some of their pictures the mat is split and covers it.
Also, what about the floor grommets? I do not see any.

500ways
05-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Did this a few days ago.