PDA

View Full Version : UPGRADE to vBulletin TONIGHT

Fiat500USA
08-23-2011, 09:17 PM
We're doing an upgrade to vBulletin tonight, around midnight, central time. It may get a little bumpy around then, but will be worth it.

Fiat500USA
08-24-2011, 01:30 PM
We're doing an upgrade to vBulletin tonight, around midnight, central time. It may get a little bumpy around then, but will be worth it.
Hang in there, there still may be more bumps!

luckymoi
08-24-2011, 02:15 PM
This is a function issue or speed issue? Or something else?

Fiat500USA
08-24-2011, 02:25 PM
This is a function issue or speed issue? Or something else?

New version of vBulletin 4.1.5 being installed. Latest features and improvements for everyone, so should be good.
Witth upgrades come some hiccups, so please hang in there. Everything will work out!:D

Fiat500USA
08-24-2011, 09:36 PM
New version of vBulletin 4.1.5 being installed. Latest features and improvements for everyone, so should be good.
Witth upgrades come some hiccups, so please hang in there. Everything will work out!:D

Well, it was a wild ride and the dust is not all settled. I apologize for the inconvenience. My programmer is tweaking the forum and it will be back to 100%, I promise!

I was swamped at work and only have internet access from my tiny Android screen, let me tell you, it was a little stressful.

Fiat500USA
08-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Should 100% now. Thanks again for everyone's patience! :joyous:

SeaDawg
08-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Should 100% now. Thanks again for everyone's patience! :joyous:

Ummmm, I don't know how to tell you this but IT ISN'T. The FIAT hood badges don't appear alongside the various forum topics just a box with a red x in them....also there is no way to select the 'dark theme' anymore.

Fiat500USA
08-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Ummmm, I don't know how to tell you this but IT ISN'T. The FIAT hood badges don't appear alongside the various forum topics just a box with a red x in them....also there is no way to select the 'dark theme' anymore.

They should work. Try a couple of things:

1) Logout and login

2) Reload (Control + F5 in Internet Explorer)

3) Delete cookies (remember you may have to re-enter password).

Try it and let me know.

Fiat500USA
08-25-2011, 11:28 PM
They should work. Try a couple of things:

1) Logout and login

2) Reload (Control + F5 in Internet Explorer)

3) Delete cookies (remember you may have to re-enter password).

Try it and let me know.

Reason being, changes have been made continuously throughout the past 2 days and you may have older cookies saved on your computer. I've also had to do these things. I using the 'dark theme' myself ;)

SeaDawg
08-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Reason being, changes have been made continuously throughout the past 2 days and you may have older cookies saved on your computer. I've also had to do these things. I using the 'dark theme' myself ;)

Yes, and I've tried those suggestions more than once during the timeframe. Early this morning things seemed to be coming along...I had all the FIAT emblems displaying but not the Dark Theme, then later in the morning or early afternoon I returned to find the FIAT emblems missing again and still no Dark Theme selection box. Tried them again after reading the above quote, but no joy. This is IE9 on Vista 32bit. I'll try it from the machine in my bedroom which is IE8 on XP Pro 32 bit. I have a total of 6 desktops and two laptops I can try and a total of three operating systems, 4 if you count XP Home as a seperate OS. I just never got rid of computers when I upgraded. Some of them are on a wired network; three desktops are wireless and the two laptops are wireless. NO, I don't keep them all running 24/7. I don't claim to be an IT genius, but I think I'm somewhat above the basic user.:friendly_wink:

Fiat500USA
08-26-2011, 01:33 AM
Yes, and I've tried those suggestions more than once during the timeframe. Early this morning things seemed to be coming along...I had all the FIAT emblems displaying but not the Dark Theme, then later in the morning or early afternoon I returned to find the FIAT emblems missing again and still no Dark Theme selection box. Tried them again after reading the above quote, but no joy. This is IE9 on Vista 32bit. I'll try it from the machine in my bedroom which is IE8 on XP Pro 32 bit. I have a total of 6 desktops and two laptops I can try and a total of three operating systems, 4 if you count XP Home as a seperate OS. I just never got rid of computers when I upgraded. Some of them are on a wired network; three desktops are wireless and the two laptops are wireless. NO, I don't keep them all running 24/7. I don't claim to be an IT genius, but I think I'm somewhat above the basic user.:friendly_wink:

I keep all my computers, too. LOL Check it out and let me know, maybe when you restart tomorrow, it will be OK. Let me know. My machines are working fine. However, this is a new version of vBulletin and it is possible there is a compatibility issue with something. I have to say, I'm not 100% thrilled with vBulletin, but it is pretty much the standard and I bought it to give forum members the "best" and latest software.

SeaDawg
08-26-2011, 01:54 AM
I keep all my computers, too. LOL Check it out and let me know, maybe when you restart tomorrow, it will be OK. Let me know. My machines are working fine. However, this is a new version of vBulletin and it is possible there is a compatibility issue with something. I have to say, I'm not 100% thrilled with vBulletin, but it is pretty much the standard and I bought it to give forum members the "best" and latest software.

Weird with a capital W! On this machine with IE8 and XP Pro 32 bit and using builtin Firewall and MS Security Essentials it shows the Home page in dark but switches to light when going to Forum section. I have logged out, logged back in, same thing. I did get the FIAT emblems back too. I use the CA Internet Security Suite on the other machine. I keep this machine, in my bedroom, and the one in the livingroom running 24/7 with Outlook loaded checking mail every 10 minutes. I'll fiddle with the CA firewall settings later today...being retired has its advantages. Have no idea why I have dark Home but white Forum on this machine. Still don't see the selection box where you can choose which theme you want. Any hints where it may be hidden?

Fiat500USA
08-26-2011, 02:04 AM
Weird with a capital W! On this machine with IE8 and XP Pro 32 bit and using builtin Firewall and MS Security Essentials it shows the Home page in dark but switches to light when going to Forum section. I have logged out, logged back in, same thing. I did get the FIAT emblems back too. I use the CA Internet Security Suite on the other machine. I keep this machine, in my bedroom, and the one in the livingroom running 24/7 with Outlook loaded checking mail every 10 minutes. I'll fiddle with the CA firewall settings later today...being retired has its advantages. Have no idea why I have dark Home but white Forum on this machine. Still don't see the selection box where you can choose which theme you want. Any hints where it may be hidden?

Just going through the list, it sounds like you have logged in and out on both machines? It may be something that when you reboot or shutdown/restart after logging out, may, hopefully, fix itself. Let me know and I'll run it by someone tomorrow, it might be late because I have a long day at work tomorrow.

Fiat500USA
08-26-2011, 02:07 AM
One thing I forgot to mention is the default skin for Videos and Abarth are the "dark theme", you cannot select a light theme there.

SeaDawg
08-26-2011, 09:40 PM
One thing I forgot to mention is the default skin for Videos and Abarth are the "dark theme", you cannot select a light theme there.

I can't select ANY theme. The box doesn't show up anywhere. Are you sure you have it turned on for the unwashed masses? I get the dark on the 'Home' page of the 'new' forum site on one machine, but on this one everything is WHITE. I don't have any FIAT emblems on this machine either. I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing this. I even tried one of my laptops with Windows 7 and IE9 and it displays the same as this one, ALL white and no FIAT emblems. I find it more trying to read with black writing on white background. I got an eye test for new glasses today, but that came with the revelation that I have initial signs of cataracts...the ONLY good thing is I don't live on the mid Atlantic to Northeast coast of the US. And that's a REALLY good thing.

Fiat500USA
08-26-2011, 10:24 PM
I can't select ANY theme. The box doesn't show up anywhere. Are you sure you have it turned on for the unwashed masses? I get the dark on the 'Home' page of the 'new' forum site on one machine, but on this one everything is WHITE. I don't have any FIAT emblems on this machine either. I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing this. I even tried one of my laptops with Windows 7 and IE9 and it displays the same as this one, ALL white and no FIAT emblems. I find it more trying to read with black writing on white background. I got an eye test for new glasses today, but that came with the revelation that I have initial signs of cataracts...the ONLY good thing is I don't live on the mid Atlantic to Northeast coast of the US. And that's a REALLY good thing.

Hi SeaDawg,

I threw a "switch", let me know if that helps.

SeaDawg
08-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Hi SeaDawg,

I threw a "switch", let me know if that helps.

One of the 'unwashed masses' thanks you! At least I have white writing on black background again. Now if those FIAT emblems could just be made to reappear... Could there be another switch that might turn them ON?

Fiat500USA
08-27-2011, 01:02 AM
I found a button that defaulted to "off" during all the updates and tweaking. In the "administrator" view I use, I see all the themes regardless of that setting, so I didn't catch it being un-enabled. Thanks for letting me know, because I wouldn't have caught that unless I logged off. As far as the forum icons, I'll work on it. I may need to upload and overwrite the previous versions.

SeaDawg
08-27-2011, 01:10 AM
I found a button that defaulted to "off" during all the updates and tweaking. In the "administrator" view I use, I see all the themes regardless of that setting, so I didn't catch it being un-enabled. Thanks for letting me know, because I wouldn't have caught that unless I logged off. As far as the forum icons, I'll work on it. I may need to upload and overwrite the previous versions.

I'm on the machine in my bedroom now and the forum icons are displaying. I'll play with the one in the livingroom later today and see what's shaking. At least I know I have one machine that now looks 'normal' at least to me.;)

I had such good luck with the 'themes' how about those 'animated icons'?:courage:

SeaDawg
08-29-2011, 01:13 AM

IE 8 and Xp Pro work fine with the new version. IE 9 and Vista or IE 9 and Windows 7 the FIAT icons do not display just a box with a red x in it. I also noted that the 'JeepNut' user's avatar now doesn't display either again just a box with a red x in it. Must be something with how the new version does some graphics or maybe the icons themselves. I suppose either I'm the only one running IE9 with Vista or Win 7 or no one else wants to say anything.

Fiat500USA
08-29-2011, 01:52 AM
IE 8 and Xp Pro work fine with the new version. IE 9 and Vista or IE 9 and Windows 7 the FIAT icons do not display just a box with a red x in it. I also noted that the 'JeepNut' user's avatar now doesn't display either again just a box with a red x in it. Must be something with how the new version does some graphics or maybe the icons themselves. I suppose either I'm the only one running IE9 with Vista or Win 7 or no one else wants to say anything.

Had some problems with filezilla yesterday, but just re-uploaded the forum icons now, so (I hope) that fixes it. I noticed jeepnuts icon, too. I run IE9 and win7 x64 and an XP machine with IE8.

SeaDawg
08-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Had some problems with filezilla yesterday, but just re-uploaded the forum icons now, so (I hope) that fixes it. I noticed jeepnuts icon, too. I run IE9 and win7 x64 and an XP machine with IE8.

Yes THAT fixed it! thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!