PDA

View Full Version : what is your ECO score?

hoicho
08-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Since the U.S. ECO been up and running. So what is everyone's score?

SpidArman
08-21-2011, 08:20 PM
My best score was 74 on a trip, but I have been hovering around 70....

Fiat500USA
08-21-2011, 10:54 PM
I haven't checked in a while, I think it was around a 60.

cmj912
08-22-2011, 08:31 AM
63 last time I looked, although my fuel savings dollar were going down as the price of gas rose again and the novelty of trying to drive like there was an egg under my shoe wore off.
(I was getting the picture of the car on two wheels).

F500
08-22-2011, 09:10 PM
I FINALLY got around to set up my EcoDrive. so now I'll have to wait 5 days or so and then I'll post my results. just normal driving without really trying to save gas.

F500
09-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I thought a thread for everyone to post their results from using the ecoDrive feature would be interesting. compare, discuss and ask questions.

this weekend I downloaded my info for the first time. got a score of 66. guess I can do much better on my accelleration but I've scored "5 Starts" on my DEcelleration! :)

Fiat500USA
09-04-2011, 10:16 PM
I thought a thread for everyone to post their results from using the ecoDrive feature would be interesting. compare, discuss and ask questions.

this weekend I downloaded my info for the first time. got a score of 66. guess I can do much better on my accelleration but I've scored "5 Starts" on my DEcelleration! :)

I think 66 is a pretty good score. Mine hovers around 59 - 62 trying really hard. I know someone at Fiat who has a 35;)

Fiat500USA
09-04-2011, 10:37 PM

We actually have a thread started in the Fuel Economy forum, so I'll merge this with that one. I'll leave a redirect up in General Discussions to bring people there. :encouragement:

GotFiat
09-04-2011, 10:51 PM
i guess if i used the Eco software my score would read " Are you trying to fail?" lol

F500
09-05-2011, 04:59 AM
We actually have a thread started in the Fuel Economy forum, so I'll merge this with that one. I'll leave a redirect up in General Discussions to bring people there. :encouragement:

thanks....sorry I missed it. :)

i guess if i used the Eco software my score would read " Are you trying to fail?" lol

no....you're just having fun and apparently TOO MUCH of it! :onthego:

buysfiat
09-05-2011, 11:00 AM
68 eco index. 6speed auto 87octane Acceleration: 2 1/2 stars, Deceleration: 3 1/2 stars 5stars on shifts and speed. I drive about 50% Interstate, and 50% very slow stop and go. I'm averaging 35.7 mpg with 3200miles since new.

GotFiat
09-05-2011, 07:36 PM
thanks....sorry I missed it. :)

no....you're just having fun and apparently TOO MUCH of it! :onthego:

You have no idea :smug:

and my average mpg so far is 29.6 which is crazy since im driving it like i stole it, couldn't be happier :onthego:

FiatPhil
11-11-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm getting 2 1/2 stars on acceleration and braking. 5 stars on shift (I drive an automatic) and 5 stars on speed. 30 mpg last time I checked. I drive about about 50% on the freeway in an urban area...the other 50% in a slow downtown area.

I don't know what I can do about my acceleration or braking. The freeway is one block away, and I can't get on it without accelerating briskly...if I did like ecodrive wants, they'd run over me.

I feel guilty about only getting a 64 ecoscore. The ecodrive has challenged me to get 74. This is like the doctor telling me my cholesterol is still too high. I feel bad that I'm killing the planet, and I'm unable to change my ways.

SeaDawg
11-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I don't know what I can do about my acceleration or braking. The freeway is one block away, and I can't get on it without accelerating briskly...if I did like ecodrive wants, they'd run over me.

I feel guilty about only getting a 64 ecoscore. The ecodrive has challenged me to get 74. This is like the doctor telling me my cholesterol is still too high. I feel bad that I'm killing the planet, and I'm unable to change my ways.

I decided not to worry about it and deactivated Ecodrive. Here in the good old U.S. of A. drivers regard every green light or start from a Stop sign as the start of a Grand Prix event. I don't know if it is the fact that most of them are driving automatics or just bad driver technique pass down. You are correct, you would get run over if you started off and accelerated like the Ecodrive program requires you to do in order to move out of the 60's. About the only time I found I could use the low shift points was in heavy intercity traffic OR late at night when some of us retired night owls like to grocery shop.

timscar
01-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Wow! My latest ecodrive score is 76! It must be because of the new motor. My previous scores were in the upper sixties.

janaheim
01-15-2012, 01:02 AM
Ciao,

I started at 45 and worked my score up to 56, in three weeks. How you can get above 66 is a mystery to me. Maybe if it was almost all on the freeway (highway, sorry, I live in CA). Anyway, looks like there's nothing to do in eco:Ville, just look at the CO2 savings. Duh! It would be nice if Fiat made this kind of like a SIMS game. You could meet other Fiat owners and interact with them, accessorize/modify your car, race your car over several courses, etc. Any ideas?

timscar
01-15-2012, 05:03 PM
I started at 45 and worked my score up to 56, in three weeks. How you can get above 66 is a mystery to me. Maybe if it was almost all on the freeway (highway, sorry, I live in CA).

Yeah, I agree about the ecodrive. It all depends on what type of roadways one drives on. For example, here in Delaware we have no hills at all. It is perfectly flat land. We have mostly rural roads with few traffic lights and stop signs. This has to be completely different from downtown Philadelphia or LA.

ciddyguy
01-15-2012, 07:37 PM
I decided not to worry about it and deactivated Ecodrive. Here in the good old U.S. of A. drivers regard every green light or start from a Stop sign as the start of a Grand Prix event. I don't know if it is the fact that most of them are driving automatics or just bad driver technique pass down. You are correct, you would get run over if you started off and accelerated like the Ecodrive program requires you to do in order to move out of the 60's. About the only time I found I could use the low shift points was in heavy intercity traffic OR late at night when some of us retired night owls like to grocery shop.

I think this acceleration like one stole it depends on where one lives. Out here in Seattle, not everyone knows about quick accelerations as many people seem to take a rolling start and slowly get up to speed - especially on the freeway on ramps.

And some just don't know how to drive AT speed.

tec-9-7
02-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Ours is a 54, however it is my wife's car and she puts most of the miles on it commuting to work. Her commute to work consist of a 1.3 mile trip that includes not less that 4 stop signs/lights and no speed limit higher than 35. With those limitations, she's still consistently hitting 30-31 mpg. By comparison, the 02 WRX she used to drive was normally in the 18 mpg range...

We did take the car on a road-trip around Christmas however and were in the 37-40 mpg range. We note that the car does MUCH better on gas being driven at 62 MPH than at 74 MPH...

janaheim
02-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Ciao,

I started at 45 and worked my score up to 56, in three weeks. How you can get above 66 is a mystery to me. Maybe if it was almost all on the freeway (highway, sorry, I live in CA). Anyway, looks like there's nothing to do in eco:Ville, just look at the CO2 savings. Duh! It would be nice if Fiat made this kind of like a SIMS game. You could meet other Fiat owners and interact with them, accessorize/modify your car, race your car over several courses, etc. Any ideas?

I've been getting 60 lately. I've always had a lead foot, not to mention several tickets in the past, so this app has been helpful. Hopefully I'll work myself up to 70. I can't see it any higher unless I start pushing my 500!

Ciao

FiatPhil
02-03-2012, 01:40 PM
When I began to use 10% ethanol premium gas, my eco score went from a usual 63 to a new 65. I didn't realize my gas choice could make a difference. When I was getting a score of 63, I was using 100% pure premium gas. I can't account for any other reason my score would change. I drive the same routes over and over in 100% downtown urban environment.

janaheim
02-11-2012, 02:00 AM
I can't get above 60. I think the only way for me to get higher than 60 is to drive like Fred Flintstone.

Yabba Dabba Doo!

500ways
02-11-2012, 01:03 PM
The eco: Drive software is impressive and does a good job at helping us learn a few tricks. I think if you can manage in the high 50s/low 60s in mixed urban city and highway driving, you're probably getting the best you can in terms of a score.

Because, in order to get serioulsy high numbers, you would have to consistently drive in flat, open areas at consistent speeds with no one behind you and no stop signs or red lights. That is the ideal set up for mild accleration, and shifting out of 1st at 2,500 RPM and shifting the rest of the gears just shy of 2,000 RPM.

Is there anyone who has managed to achieve in the hi 60s or better in mixed urban city and highway driving?

500ways
02-11-2012, 01:12 PM
I can't get above 60. I think the only way for me to get higher than 60 is to drive like Fred Flintstone.

Yabba Dabba Doo!

That brings back some memories. I remember an episode where there was a race going on and the car was a "Maserocky"

fltrplntman
02-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Yep.. Its called a Forum. LOL
Have a great day! :-)

Sterling_Aug
07-10-2012, 10:18 PM
My 2 week old 500 Sport is now reporting a 72 rating for Eco Drive which is up from 70 after the first 5 day baseline.

luckymoi
07-11-2012, 05:30 PM
72 is amazing!
I am assuming a stick...
My best score is 67, automatic.

Sterling_Aug
07-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Nope. I have a 500 Sport automatic. I do 80% highway, 10% bumper to bumper stop and go, and then city driving. I drive 700+ miles per week.

I use the cruise when possible, very light braking, super light touch on the gas, easy acceleration, and try to keep under 65 mph.

I traded in a 2002 Toyota Prius so I already know how to drive to maximize the fuel mileage. I also plan ahead for braking cause I got 135K miles on my first set of brake pads on the Prius and the second set was still good at 230K miles when I traded it in.

Sterling_Aug
07-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Today my new Eco score is 73.

Sterling_Aug
07-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Ok, today my new Eco Drive score is 75 with and average MPG of 42.1 for the last 550 miles (combined city/highway).

I can hardly wait to see how high I can go after I install my cold air intake next week.

FTY
07-22-2012, 01:43 PM
71 so far....not bad better than I expected. My accel starts are 1...my shifting 4.5...lol

geeded
07-22-2012, 07:15 PM
How come there isn't an "I don't care. I bought it to drive as intended." button?

Cheers ;)

Robert Nixon
10-05-2012, 11:18 PM
I just loaded the software today, so in 4 more days should have some data to add. From what I could tell, the Eco Drive only asked if I had a 1.4, with no listing for turbo like the Abarth. Anyone else notice this or am I missing something?

shabba
10-08-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm working on the acceleration as my score is a half star to a full star. However, my ECO score hovers between a 68 and a 73. My overall fuel consumption is really good, especially as it's an Abarth.

The idea of Eco:ville being a SIMS like world is neat. I'd enjoy that immensely.

Robert Nixon
10-09-2012, 10:11 PM
now at 5 days, so I could see my driving score for each day. Bottom line, good at shifting, braking OK, and bad at acceleration!

FITITO
11-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Hello all!

I have been driving with the memory stick now for about 2,400 miles. The best I got was 72, but I am otherwise in the high 60s. My deceleration is usually above 4 stars, shifting (I have the 5-speed) is at or above 4.5 stars and speed is also above 4.5 stars. My acceleration is sometimes 0 or 1 star! :-(

Here are my gripes about this! How can it say that I suck at acceleration if I am getting over 400 miles per tank and averaging about 44 MPGs? When it shows me the graph of acceleration in each gear I am sometimes only in the red in 3rd gear, and not by much.

Other times, I will drive like I have an egg under the accelerator, but it uses the acceleration data from a while ago and not the recent trips. I work in two buildings. One day I only drive 2 miles each way at about 35 MPH and I have 2 traffic lights (the roundabouts in my neighborhood are a good thing for fuel saving). The other days I drive 11 miles each way at about 45 MPH and I also have two traffic lights. If I don't accelerate and move, I will get squashed!

eedwards
11-03-2012, 08:00 PM
I finally have enough data to say that I average about 62, with a 5 speed Pop. I started at 58 and went as high as 64. I really tried to be slow to accelerate, but never even managed half a star. I was getting 62 for those days, which was the first 700 miles or so on the car. I finally said, "Forget this, I'm driving it properly." and I got up to 64, by accelerating hard in first and second, then shifting up to 4th or 5th for cruising. When I say accelerating hard, I mean winding it up to about 3500-5K before shifting, though I occassionally hit 6K. (Not every time, but I pull away smartly always - no pokey driving) So I am amused that I increased my score by ignoring the acceleration advice. And I am averaging just under 36mpg.

I noticed that I get the upshift light about every 7-8 mph in regular mode. That keeps the revs below 2500 and usually right around 2000. I am impressed that it has enough low end grunt to get up to speed at such low revs, especially since it specs at 98 ft lb. For the routes that I have to drive, it is just not practical to drive it as Eco mode wants you to. I have quite a number of hills, especially one at the entrance of my subdivision that is roughly 1/4 mile straight up, probably 200'. Doesn't sound like much, but its mid second gear or else. Gears 3-5 are useless there.

I am highly entertained by the instant mpg on the center display that lets me see how I'm doing at any mode. The worst I've gotten was 7.0 mpg, climbing the hill at the subdivision entrance. I love to see mid-50s up to low-70s while cruising on the interstate along with traffic that is really moving. I had an '06 Civic sedan(with automatic) before this and never saw above 32 on any given tank of fuel. I didn't have instant mpg on that so, I can't tell how it compares.