PDA

View Full Version : Registering...

Fiat500USA
08-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Due to the outrageous amount of spammers and other troublemakers on the internet, I have had to implement "Spam-O-Matic". While it does a good job at blocking the bad guys, it occasionally blocks legitimate folks from registering.

If that has happened to you, my apologies. Email me: chris (at) fiat500usa.com and I'll take care of getting you registered.

Thanks for understanding!

Best regards,
Chris

Thunderbolt
04-16-2012, 03:31 AM
I just wanted to mention that if you attempt to register and get the "we don't allow spammers" error, and you are darned sure you entered everything correctly and were able to read the Captcha, it might just be the username you selected. I tried entering my firstname for my username, and it wasn't in use, but at the final Submit it was rejected. I tried re-registering a couple of times, then did a Google search and discovered that common firstnames that are often used by spammers are blocked by the Spam-o-matic, so I changed my username and finally was able to register.

Fiat500USA
04-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Yes, this is true. Unfortunately common names get flagged. I tried turning this off for a little while, but hundreds of spammers got through causing me to reactivate the setting. If this or anything else causes trouble while registering, don't drive yourself crazy, just email me and I'll take care of it.

It is the regrettable downside of running anti-spam software that good folks are inconvenienced. Again, my apologies for this, however, you'll find the net result is we don't get many trouble makers here on the forum. My priority is to protect the members here from these internet bad guys. Most people understand and I thank everyone for their patience.

Fiat500USA
02-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Just a reminder for those who have a problem registering here or anywhere else on the internet. At this point spammers have commandeered all common first names now, so if you try to register using your first name, anti-spam software such as Spam-o-matic will block the registration. If you have a problem, try changing your username to something else and see. If there is still a problem just contact me via the button on the lower right of the forum. I run aggressive spam-ware to try to keep us safe, but this can unfortunately catch some of the good folks. Sorry for the inconvenience.