PDA

View Full Version : Abarth announcement at FFO?

Jim McKenzie
07-18-2011, 04:40 PM
With the Fiat Freakout starting this Thursday the 21st...are we expecting any announcement of the Abarth 500 version? if not, what is Fiat expected to announce? I would assume they would make some sort of splash at the event. Anything you can tell us?

Jeepnut
07-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Any news from someone at the FFO has there been an announcement?

07-24-2011, 10:29 AM
We gotta wait till Nov for an announcement..... ARGGGGHHHHHHH

geeded
07-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Swell, all this waiting, and....... Nothing. Zip, Nada, Zero. We know nothing more than before.... sigh..... Some "announcement". Dang.......

Oh, and as far as there not being a waiting list, I have a signed contract that says differently.

Jim McKenzie
07-25-2011, 01:19 PM
I honestly couldn't be more disappointed...an announcement of an announcement? sheesh...

Bullydog
07-25-2011, 02:39 PM
I honestly couldn't be more disappointed...an announcement of an announcement? sheesh...

yeah, that probably didn't go over to well at FFO either. Very non-climactic.
I thought July was supposed to be a good "info" month on the US-Abarth 500.

:mad:

kzod
07-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Swell, all this waiting, and....... Nothing. Zip, Nada, Zero. We know nothing more than before.... sigh..... Some "announcement". Dang.......

Oh, and as far as there not being a waiting list, I have a signed contract that says differently.

You're on a dealers waiting list. Unfortunately, they suck us in to these things, but then you rarely get your cars before anyone else. i.e. the Prima owners who had to wait and wait to take delivery of their cars while pops were being unloaded by the dozens.

Jeepnut
07-25-2011, 04:54 PM
I figured they would give the people at the FFO a sneak peak or something.

small car lover
07-25-2011, 07:25 PM
While I want to see the Abarth as much as anyone, I don't think it is too surprising no new firm details have been announced. I suspect Fiat is not withholding information about the specs of the car. I think it is far more likely the car is still in development and no final specs of the car have been determined. If Fiat were to roll out specs now, they would be subject to change during the development. I suspect there is a engineering / development team working on sorting the details of the car right now, and nearly everything is open to change (if needed) at this point in time. The announcement of a roll out scheduled for the LA Auto Show in November can be taken as nothing more than a firm "due date" the engineering team now has to work toward. I suspect the development is far enough along at this point that Fiat has some confidence in formalizing a time line to the completion of the project, knowing what development work remains. We saw spy photos of a US Abarth development mule only several weeks ago but there is no way to know (perhaps even for the development team at this point) how closely that development mule will reflect the final product. For all we know, that mule may only be intended for testing of a specific component (powertrain perhaps).

My only point is don't be too disappointed in the lack of details at this point in time. I suspect they are working on it. I'd rather know they are working on the car as we speak rather than see some "sneak peak" of a completed car only to be told we have to wait for some marketing schedule to play out before we can have it.

Fiat500USA
07-25-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm writing this from my Android on the bump filled i287 in nj. So forgive the mispaelling etc;)

July 1 or so a completed us abarth was completed and is going through all soughts of test now. They can't ggive details because there may be last. Minute changes. They gave the folks from FFO the first confirmation and not the press. Which IS a big deal and nice of them. They also confirmed what I posted on the intro date.

Just imagine if they showed you a pic or spec and then it was changed? Everyone would be upset. Hang in there and just enjoy the ride, it is coming, we have confirmation and I'll see what I can come up with for you as we go along.

I hope you can make this out because I don't have my glasses, either! LOL

Fiat500USA
07-25-2011, 07:42 PM
While I want to see the Abarth as much as anyone, I don't think it is too surprising no new firm details have been announced. I suspect Fiat is not withholding information about the specs of the car. I think it is far more likely the car is still in development and no final specs of the car have been determined. If Fiat were to roll out specs now, they would be subject to change during the development. I suspect there is a engineering / development team working on sorting the details of the car right now, and nearly everything is open to change (if needed) at this point in time. The announcement of a roll out scheduled for the LA Auto Show in November can be taken as nothing more than a firm "due date" the engineering team now has to work toward. I suspect the development is far enough along at this point that Fiat has some confidence in formalizing a time line to the completion of the project, knowing what development work remains. We saw spy photos of a US Abarth development mule only several weeks ago but there is no way to know (perhaps even for the development team at this point) how closely that development mule will reflect the final product. For all we know, that mule may only be intended for testing of a specific component (powertrain perhaps).

My only point is don't be too disappointed in the lack of details at this point in time. I suspect they are working on it. I'd rather know they are working on the car as we speak rather than see some "sneak peak" of a completed car only to be told we have to wait for some marketing schedule to play out before we can have it.

What he said:)

Jim McKenzie
07-27-2011, 11:17 AM
The announcement of a roll out scheduled for the LA Auto Show in November

What he said:)

I hope I am not reading too much into this, or just selectively editting...but does this first quote indicate that there will only be an announcement of a future date for the US Abarth 500 on 11-16, 11-17 or does it mean that there will actually be a "rollout" of the Abarth in November? A rollout means to me that the car is available, if not for purchase...at least for official order.

When do you expect the Abarth to actually show up on dealer lots...still first quarter of 2012..or November 2011?

500MADNESS.com
07-27-2011, 12:18 PM
The Abarth will be shown at the LA Auto Show in November. The actual car is rumored to be scheduled for release sometime in the Spring of 2012.