PDA

View Full Version : Dash removal

Mike S
06-28-2011, 04:25 PM
I want to paint mine but don't want to force anything.

There is also a rattle behind the dash I need to find.

Anybody pulled the dash yet?

Tazzboo
06-28-2011, 08:58 PM
I asked my service guy how to do it for the possibly of doing the very same thing you are talking about. First you need to pry off the bezel around the AC controls. The flat part that surrounds them. Underneath that you will find two 25 torx screws. Then open the glove box, inside there you will find under the air vent another 25 torx screw. Remove the three screws and simply and gently pry the cover off. That takes care of the right side. Now you won't belive the left it just needs to be gently pryed off. There are clips only on that side. Wish I had pictures I haven't done it as of yet. Still only a thought in the back of my head. Hope this helps. Service tech said it was easy to remove.

I would recomend a soft pry tool made out of plastic so that you don't scratch anything. Just a note.

Chris

Mike S
06-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks.

I was most of the way there but did not find the glovebox screw. I think the needed tool is a bone tool.

Doodles
07-10-2011, 08:19 PM
I want to paint mine but don't want to force anything.

There is also a rattle behind the dash I need to find.

Anybody pulled the dash yet?

Speaking of Dashes etc; has anyone Armoralled Dash or anything else inside?
So far i've just used a clean damp rag to wipe things down.
I'm afraid to do anything else, don't want to do wrong thing and end up with a mess.

Prima148
07-14-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm afraid to do anything else, don't want to do wrong thing and end up with a mess.

I'd love some advice on this too. I keep seeing dust and the doors are a bit tacky. If H2O is the way to go, fine.

sjmst
08-04-2011, 07:45 PM
NOW my Prima is the way God intended. With dash matching the body. Makes the interior really pop. And of course I still have my gray Prima dash with 499-500 number affixed. It is tucked away and can be reinstalled in about 45 minutes.

ciddyguy
08-04-2011, 11:15 PM
NOW my Prima is the way God intended. With dash matching the body. Makes the interior really pop. And of course I still have my gray Prima dash with 499-500 number affixed. It is tucked away and can be reinstalled in about 45 minutes.

Very nice there Sam!

I may well go with the Russo myself but will need to see the yellow on an actual car. The sample at my local studio looked nice, but have to see it against the sport's black accents to see if it'll work.I know the red will work and the blue works nice too, but for blue, I'd rather it be the baby blue or a variation of it instead. :-)

Fiat500USA
08-05-2011, 12:25 AM

Hi Sam,

Great to meet you at the show last week!

The dash is looking good, I love the glossy finish. http://n3.nabble.com/images/smiley/anim_claps.gif

Rossonero404
08-05-2011, 10:32 AM

That looks awesome, i may do that myself. The only thing though is that i like having the numbered badge on the car, wonder if it would come off and glue on the new dash easily enough?

sjmst
08-05-2011, 10:43 AM
That looks awesome, i may do that myself. The only thing though is that i like having the numbered badge on the car, wonder if it would come off and glue on the new dash easily enough?

Thanks all, and Chris good to see you as well. Thanks again for this great site.

Yes, the numbered badge can be removed and placed on the colored dash. It is secured with pressure tabs. I didn't swap that out because I really like the chrome 500 logo as is. I am actually having a 1/2 scale copy of the numbered badge made for $90. I intend to affix that to the glove box door. I will let you know how that turns out.

Rossonero404
08-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks all, and Chris good to see you as well. Thanks again for this great site.

Yes, the numbered badge can be removed and placed on the colored dash. It is secured with pressure tabs. I didn't swap that out because I really like the chrome 500 logo as is. I am actually having a 1/2 scale copy of the numbered badge made for $90. I intend to affix that to the glove box door. I will let you know how that turns out.

Pressure tabs...i didn't realize that, thanks! BTW, where would you have something like that made up?

sjmst
08-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Pressure tabs...i didn't realize that, thanks! BTW, where would you have something like that made up?

Yes, the logo has about 6 pins and there are these round grommet like things that squeeze over the pins and keep the logo in place.
Here is where I am getting the logo made:

http://www.thirdshiftstudios.com/camaro-nose-emblems.html

Rossonero404
08-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks!!

F500
08-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Very nice there Sam!

I may well go with the Russo myself but will need to see the yellow on an actual car. The sample at my local studio looked nice, but have to see it against the sport's black accents to see if it'll work.I know the red will work and the blue works nice too, but for blue, I'd rather it be the baby blue or a variation of it instead. :-)

the Rosso (Red) dash on that Prima is awesome. too bad the 499-500 plaque couldn't be transferred as well. maybe have one made????

I LOVE my matching Verde Chiaro dash in my Sport! :D

sjmst
08-08-2011, 09:44 AM
the Rosso (Red) dash on that Prima is awesome. too bad the 499-500 plaque couldn't be transferred as well. maybe have one made????

I LOVE my matching Verde Chiaro dash in my Sport! :D

Yes, I am having one made. 1/2 scale to be put on the glove box door.

cmj912
08-08-2011, 10:53 AM

Check out the detailing section. I am obsessed...lol...

I've used Armor All detailer (NOT the dressing, the cleaner), Plexus Plastic polish and cleaner, and Griot's vinyl and rubber dressing. No sticky, non-static, nice matte finish. Of all of them, Armor All is obviously the cheapest but until I see how the Griot's holds up to lint Plexus is the all-out winner (and the cost reflects it).

chockingmonkey
06-21-2012, 12:11 AM
euro 500 but same concept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk-oH2RdNdo