PDA

View Full Version : Webasto Sunroof

Chris
06-25-2011, 05:01 PM
This is the dealer-installed alternative to the factory Fiat sunroof. Made by Webasto.
Features to note:

Multiple, programmable open/close functions
Full, vented shade made from the roof liner
Gain about 1" headroom over the factory roof

It is a little smaller so you don't get the wide-open feel of the factory roof.

Pictures in my garage: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/dto_garage.php?do=viewvehicle&v=1024

ciddyguy
07-17-2011, 04:38 PM
This is the dealer-installed alternative to the factory Fiat sunroof. Made by Webasto.
Features to note:

Pictures in my garage: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/dto_garage.php?do=viewvehicle&v=1024

Looks good, is this the one that glides over the roof like the factory unit?

Alvon Elrod
07-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Could you comment on the wind noise (or lack thereof) and the cost?

sjmst
07-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Looks nice!

Rossonero404
07-19-2011, 02:09 PM
That is pretty sharp, would love to know the cost as well. Didn't think i'd miss the sunroof until this hot weather hit!

Chris
07-20-2011, 07:11 AM
Hi guys-

Ciddy- yes, this goes back on the outside.
The cost was the same as the factory unit, ~ $800 installed.

Wind noise- I've had quieter on cars but it's no noisier than the factory roof based on my limited experience. With only two windows and a small space- you do get that "helicoptering" from time to time that makes you crack a window.

HotFIAT.com
07-23-2011, 11:38 PM
For those tired of the beating sun and "bread oven" heat we have finally got the Sunroof solution. Cheap easy and effective solid reflector panel that pops into the SR opening. Not on my website yet but should be by the end of next week. It takes huge amount of heat out of a parked vehicle. My PE is currently in pieces having parts made, but when finished I will do real tests on the amount of heat reduction. I'm guessing well over 10 degrees.
HotFiat.com

markericlinsky
10-08-2012, 06:32 PM
DOes anyone know the specific model sunroof from Webasto? I just bought an Abarth and want a sunroof.

Bigcanoe
10-09-2012, 07:52 AM
So unlike the factory sunroof, where my head was hitting the headliner, you actually GAIN headroom over the fixed roof?

cmj912
10-09-2012, 08:27 AM
So unlike the factory sunroof, where my head was hitting the headliner, you actually GAIN headroom over the fixed roof?

Yes and no. I think he meant that there is 1" more headroom in the Webasto sunroof car as compared with a car that has the factory sunroof. I am not sure now much is gained over a car that does not have a sunroof at all.

Bigcanoe
10-10-2012, 01:12 PM
As long as none is lost, its good enough for me! :thumbsup:

David White
08-17-2014, 08:00 PM
Features to note:

So just to get this correct, you went to your Fiat dealer and had this installed? I had a Dodge caliber SRT-4 and had the pano "dual" sunroof from Webasto installed and love it. I wanted the factory sunroof, but hated the mesh "cover" on my land rover (discovery II), So I didnt want to deal with that again. This post has my hopes up!!!!

Tedolph
07-20-2015, 01:27 PM
Here is the Webasto aftermarket roof for the 500. I looks like a factory install and if you have the sun shade open I suppose your could say that you gain some headroom.

Tedolph