PDA

View Full Version : Help! EC V2.1 Install on 2016 Fiat 500t

mfz
04-25-2019, 09:22 PM
Hi all,

I began installing the EC V2.1 intake on my 500t earlier today and I’ve run into a couple of small issues. To preface, I did use this link to help me get through the adapter kit for 2015+ models and the entire intake (plus ram air boot) is essentially installed: http://jayscai.blogspot.com/2016/01/eurocompulsion-2.html?m=1

My issue is that the hose that comes with the adapter kit that hooks up to the purge valve is too short. I did my best to gauge where to best cut it so it can comfortably hook up to the connector from the back of the air box which then leads to the EC intake plug (larger of the two facing the engine block). When I tried to finagle the entire line (from purge valve to intake) I found that the hose on the purge valve would kink and the entire line from purge valve to intake would not have enough slack to tuck away by the firewall. This also meant I could not get the factory air box back on because the hose would be in the way.

I stopped by Home Depot which is luckily walking distance but they didn’t have that same hose. I’ll try an auto store tomorrow. Has anyone run into this? Am I simply doing something wrong?

Additional questions:

The intake came with four ring clamps. I used two by the new air filter as instructed and one at the turbo. Where does the fourth one go?

I folded the OEM “hose” that clicks back into the connector from behind the airbox. It is not a flexbile “hose” hence the quotation marks. When I bent it during the finagaling, it seemed to wrinkle but not crack. Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ruckus
04-25-2019, 11:01 PM
You need to watch the Youtube video made by NGEN for the V4 intake install. You got some connectors from your “leftovers” that needs to be connected. That is why you found some connections too short.

I also have a 2016. It doesn’t matter if it is V2 or V4......the connection is pretty similar. Also reach out to Chris he can definitely help you with that.

mfz
04-25-2019, 11:36 PM
You need to watch the Youtube video made by NGEN for the V4 intake install. You got some connectors from your “leftovers” that needs to be connected. That is why you found some connections too short.

I also have a 2016. It doesn’t matter if it is V2 or V4......the connection is pretty similar. Also reach out to Chris he can definitely help you with that.

Ah, OK. I see where I went wrong according to the NGEN video. Seems I’ll still need to replace that hose since I cut it when I wasn’t supposed to... And it explains where that random bolt goes!

Thanks!

Ruckus
04-26-2019, 02:49 AM
Good. You should be be able to get a replacement from any local Auto parts store, just bring the hose to compare the size. But it may not be a silicone hose but rather a fuel hose but it should still work. Call EC to get the exact silicone hose or Summit.Glad you figure you it out.

FTY
04-26-2019, 07:37 AM
Yes just remember that the ejector port needs to be removed from the back of the airbox. This way the factory Evap system is replicated exactly to prevent any CELs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=AtIwd8Y_eHE

Southernroadrunner
04-26-2019, 10:55 AM
Follow that youtube video NGEN did. He makes it pretty simple if you watch a couple times. If you still got questions call or contact EC. I don't remember any leftover parts. It looks alot harder than what it really is to hook up the intakes on a 2015+ models. Thanks to NGEN for their great install videos.

mfz
04-26-2019, 12:42 PM
Received a quick reply from Chris regarding my issue which was nice. Purchased a fuel line at Autozone which fits fine. I do plan to replace it with a higher quality one tough. I do wish I had come across that video before starting the install. I appreciate all the replies. Once this downpour passes I should get a chance to get the airbox back on and fire it up and then start installing the Forge BOV!

Ruckus
04-26-2019, 01:44 PM
Received a quick reply from Chris regarding my issue which was nice. Purchased a fuel line at Autozone which fits fine. I do plan to replace it with a higher quality one tough. I do wish I had come across that video before starting the install. I appreciate all the replies. Once this downpour passes I should get a chance to get the airbox back on and fire it up and then start installing the Forge BOV!

Install the BOV before you put everything back as you need to take off all the intake parts anyways. Now watch the EC video that Greg made and also check out the Madness PDF installation guide as it is pictured and well laid out. Both will be enough to properly guide you.

mfz
04-30-2019, 01:51 AM
Install the BOV before you put everything back as you need to take off all the intake parts anyways. Now watch the EC video that Greg made and also check out the Madness PDF installation guide as it is pictured and well laid out. Both will be enough to properly guide you.

I was able to get the intake installed after the rain stopped. All the extra turbo sounds are delightful to hear along with simply allowing the car the breathe a bit better. I haven’t yet had a chance to install the new Forge BOV but that’s next on the list along with the RRM ECM (once its delivered), a replacement cabin air filter, and FIAT-logo center wheel caps (stock 124 center wheel caps) to replace the red Abarth Scorpion center wheel caps all around.

Oh, and the guys at the local shop I now go to installed the NEU-F Torque Arm Insert I recently ordered when I went in for an oil change. I do notice the extra support when shifting from 1st to second and 2nd to 3rd.

This little car is slowly coming together and waking up. Counting down the hours before the start of Fiat on the Dragon!

Ruckus
04-30-2019, 02:40 AM
Glad to hear.

Hopefully I can join the Dragon next year........just too far from NorCal.

mfz
05-01-2019, 12:42 AM
Glad to hear.

Hopefully I can join the Dragon next year........just too far from NorCal.

I hear that. Been trying to getting friend who bought a 500 a few months after going to last year’s FOTD as a passenger to drive his from LA.

I noticed your WGA on your signature. Is there a reason you went with the Turbosmart WGA instead of the Forge WGA?

Ruckus
05-01-2019, 02:06 AM
I hear that. Been trying to getting friend who bought a 500 a few months after going to last year’s FOTD as a passenger to drive his from LA.

I noticed your WGA on your signature. Is there a reason you went with the Turbosmart WGA instead of the Forge WGA?

I just found Turbosmart to have less issues than the Forge WGA base on the forum responses. I also like the way it looks LOL.