PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye L

WileyCoyote
02-24-2019, 10:57 AM
It is with a little sadness that I report I sold my L. It was just too needy and too difficult to find reasonably priced parts that didn’t require shipping. She carried me and my family over 40K miles the past 3 years and will be missed.

I will not miss the dreaded P0299 “Underboost” code that came on if I dared to use 6th gear. Nor the looming dread of having to get a new clutch (it was definitely going to be needed soon).

I learned a whole lot from this car and for that I will always be greatful to never have a breakdown (unless you count when I came home from vacation and it had a cracked radiator) and hope it next owner can upkeep it for many more miles.

Goodbye L

DeSoulo
02-24-2019, 07:21 PM
Thanks for checking out Wiley! At least you hung in there for 40K. Happy Trails and guessing you replaced it with the Subaru!?

WileyCoyote
02-24-2019, 09:38 PM
Thanks for checking out Wiley! At least you hung in there for 40K. Happy Trails and guessing you replaced it with the Subaru!?

It was a bitter sweet goodbye but it was time. Replaced it with the Subaru.

Fiat500USA
02-24-2019, 11:22 PM
It is with a little sadness that I report I sold my L. It was just too needy and too difficult to find reasonably priced parts that didn’t require shipping. She carried me and my family over 40K miles the past 3 years and will be missed.

I will not miss the dreaded P0299 “Underboost” code that came on if I dared to use 6th gear. Nor the looming dread of having to get a new clutch (it was definitely going to be needed soon).

I learned a whole lot from this car and for that I will always be greatful to never have a breakdown (unless you count when I came home from vacation and it had a cracked radiator) and hope it next owner can upkeep it for many more miles.

Goodbye L

Sad to hear it's gone, but congratulations on your new car! Thanks for sharing and being part of the community all these years. Best of luck to you and your new car and stop by when you can. It's always good to hear the voice of a veteran 500L owner.beerchug