Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 5*(10)^2

Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

Hey all,

Hey all,

Finally picked up my PE from MVLA today. It was here since a week ago but due a busy work schedule, I only had time to arrange a delivery today. Just posted this one picture since sam500 did such a good job with his pics.

I hope to pass on some tips to all those who are waiting for their PEs. I am quite a grease monkey myself. So I brought rubber gloves, rags, flashlight etc. Reason is to go through my check list of things. I do this for every car I buy. It's habitual.

1. Before you sign anything, have them wash the car and bring it to a place where you can see the car up close.

2. Inspect thoroughly for blemishes. I found a deep scratch on the front hood, residual protective film (the car came in a film. the porters didn't do a good job of removing all of them), a slightly worn luggage truck cover, a scratch up stripe on driver's front and a "hole" on stripe for passenger's front.

3. Check engine oil level/coolant level/brake fluid level. Mine are all ok.

4. Look for paint chips or blemishes on painted brake calipers. Mine are ok. Though I heard one PE owner later complained that there were paint chips on the calipers.

5. Make sure you bring a CD or MP3 player. Plug them in to test the stereo. Mine ok.

6. Check A/C, all forward/reverse gears, sunroof (if you order one), turn signals, fold down seats, door locks etc...

And the list goes on. Tedious but worth it.

Often times, they want to rush you to sign the papers all that. But you have to make sure you spend time checking for anything unusual. Cos once you drive off and later found a ding somewhere, the dealer probably won't buy your claim.

I am scheduled to return to get the blemishes fixed. Just a little disappointed with the quality.

On a happier note, we did get thumbs up from folks on the road. I grew to like the clutch a little more. Was struggling before trying to find the 'bite'. This is a little bugger that is fun to drive, nimble, quick and versatile.

Thanks for reading!

Mike S
  • Mike S
    • Jun 2011

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

Thank you for the update and suggestions.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
      Amministratore
      • Feb 2011

Congratulations 5*(10)^2!

Thanks for posting those tips ! <smiley image='smiley_good.gif'/>
      Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
      fiat 500 forum signature
      abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• 5*(10)^2

Thanks all for the replies!

So I received a msg yesterday that they have ordered the replacement parts. Will see how things turn out.

But for now, I will post pics of the blemishes. If you have a weak stomach, I suggest that you close the browser...yikes...

here goes:

This is actually a deep scratch.

Imperfections in stripes.

Protective film not removed thoroughly. Poor PDI.

So today I examined the car again and I realized that part of the black paint on the rear spoiler has faded. Probably from poor painting quality control. And my gear shift knob has a scratch (not from me, no ring on my right hand). Not posting pics of those. Sigh.

Anyway, I am going out driving. Least to take my mind off these issues. <smiley image='smiley_cool.gif'/>

Thanks for reading!

Comment

• PE#454
          • May 2011

So...how does a PE owner resolve those issues? Live with them? Is this a WYSIWYG deal?

Comment

• unclelaverne

I have to say I am shocked after the mess they went thru with me that they would deliver YET ANOTHER car that's got damage.

Mine is back at their body shop now and will be for 5 days while they try to fix the bumper. I was told there are no parts so they can't repair my pillar, e brake, key and side marker? If you got some parts ordered, good for you. I couldn't get that accomplished.

Comment

• Welshy

Sorry to hear (and see the problems), I hope they get them all resolved for you.
              We picked our PE #408 up from the OC Fiat Dealer on Harbor Blvd CA, yesterday and as we went thoroughly through the Pre-Inspection Delivery List, there were a number of little problems. Our list goes like this:
              - Blue and Me did not work.
              - Hood was out of alignment (poor quality control on Fiat's side)
              - Front bumper/spoiler is slightly a different color (as designer I have a good eye). The car is white whilst the front bumper/spoiler is off white (near cream). I know this could be to do with paint finish to metal v plastic, so would be interesting to find out other peoples feelings.
              - Odometer won't stop flashing
              - Can't get the Media/USB iPod connector to work

We made sure our sales person and Studio manager, were both verbally informed and that all defects noted on the PDI document (I also photographed the paperwork, just in case) before we signed off on the car and drove it off the lot (I'm a perfectionist, so leaving knowing there were things wrong on the car was hard thing to do). Got home, emailed and called the Dealer who has asked us to bring the car back in next week. I'll let you know how how I get on.

Comment

• CaliberSRT4

author="Welshy">
                - Front bumper/spoiler is slightly a different color (as designer I have a good eye). The car is white whilst the front bumper/spoiler is off white (near cream). I know this could be to do with paint finish to metal v plastic, so would be interesting to find out other peoples feelings.
                As you theorized, it is because of the different material properties of sheet metal and plastic. The paint is in fact an exact match. The situation is not unique to the Fiat 500 and is perfectly normal.

This is an example of what you should be seeing. Notice the difference across the hood line between the sheet metal bodywork and the plastic bumper cover (front fascia).

Comment

• Welshy

Thank you. Really appreciate your feedback.
                  Got to say I have never had so many favorable glances, and thumbs up from passers by and other drivers. This car makes you smile....
                  I've been an Audi owner for over seven years (Audi TT/ Audi Allroad 4.2), and they never made me feel the way this car does........totally content !!!
                  Cheers again

PE#408 Nickname: Alfredo

Comment

• 5*(10)^2

<b>@PE#454:</b> Take pictures of the defects before you sign/take delivery/pay for the car. And point those defects out to the dealer. Make sure they note down all the issues and have the parts manager order the replacement if possible, or service manager set up an appt for a return. I have signed copy of the defects.

<b>@unclelaverne:</b> We heard of your incident. Believe it or not, MVLA didn't like to hear about it. Some PE owners would rather not have the car washed when delivered. I gave a proper and very upfront warning to MVLA to take care of my car when they washed it. It's easier to spot the defects when the car has been washed.

<b>@Welshy: </b> Thanks for your feedback. By right, the dealer is supposed to fix any flaws during the PDI. I have taken delivery of a plethora of other marquees including of course German and Japanese cars. I understand a car may be damaged during transportation but it's up to the dealer to fix those things during PDI. We paid for a brand new car not a brand new car that may have some defects.

Comment

• 5*(10)^2

Just found another defect. Paint on my bumper is flaking off. Yep. Called customer service. They are escalating the issue. We will see.

Comment

• Minuszka

Can you show a picture, how it looks? - sorry to hear about it.

Comment

• 5*(10)^2

Hey Minuszka,

It's about the size of a penny and I reckon it may grow. Basically, there is a problem with paint adhesion or that they didn't cure the paint well enough. I can see that the bumper is originally primed in black. With the rain coming down hard, I really hope I will still be driving a car with a red bumper.

I will post pictures once I receive some answers from Fiat and the dealership.

Thanks for your concern. I will keep all posted.

Comment

• 5*(10)^2

My concern reached Ms. Soave. She replied this morning and I received a call from Josh right way.

The ball is rolling. And I am feeling quite optimistic about this.

Comment

• 5*(10)^2

Boy...is the ball rolling fast.

Someone from Chrysler HQ called me. They are very concerned about the situation. My local dealer has been contacted.

1 notch of confidence level gained.

Comment