PDA

View Full Version : Next Mod: Springs

mfz
11-26-2018, 02:20 AM
Hi all ó I have a 2016 500t and am interested in further upgrading the suspension. Iíve already installed an ST rear anti sway bar and I just ordered El Gato chassis braces. I recently replaced all four stock Pirelli tires so I wonít be upgrading tires until these wear out. My next step is to lower the car slightly, more for improved handling than looks. Reading through the forums, Iíve come up with a list and Iím shamelessly looking for reassurance on my anticipated set up to achieve improved handling for occasional mountain road drives while maintaining a decent daily commuter ride. Thoughts?

Eibach Sportlines springs
Stock Abarth front struts
Rear Koni Yellow struts
(4) Stock Strut top mount replacements

-Marc

Haring
11-26-2018, 09:39 AM
I had sportlines on my Abarth. For my new TurboC I’m thinking Neuf or H&Rs. The sportlines were really low in the front.

mfz
12-14-2018, 12:52 AM
Update: Ordered Vogtland lowering springs (instead of Eibach/Neu-F), brand new rear Konis, and replacement strut top mounts. All of this is in addition to the Abarth rims/tires that I recently picked up to replace my stock Turbo 16s and front Abarth struts, I think my 500t is in for a pretty big transformation. Anyone running the same or similar set up?

mfz
04-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Update: Ultimately went with madness springs, new rear Koniís, Abarth front struts (from a forum member), new shock top mounts, and Abarth 17inch wheels/tires (from another forum member). This is in addition to the ST anti-rear sway bar and El Gato front chassis braces. Work done by M-Spec in Middle Village, NY.