Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Climate Control Swap

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richpo
    • Nov 2017

Climate Control Swap

Has anyone ever swapped the regular climate control unit to the digital display one?

If so was it just a plug and play thing?
  • Naviintu
    • Jun 2019

I joined this website to ask the same question! Have you found the answer?

Comment

• Haring
      Lifetime Member
      • Feb 2012

I remember it being asked years ago. Think there are a bunch of sensors/hidden stuff that needs to be replaced. I can't remember exactly. But it's not as easy as removing manual dials and swapping for the climate control one.
      2018 Luminoso Orange 500c Lounge - H&R/Koni - Abarth Interior, 17" Wheels & Exhaust

Comment

• Naviintu
        • Jun 2019

That does make sense. I was hoping, as my dials seem to pop off of the control rods frequently. Maybe someday I'll pay for the upgrade.

Comment

• Julien
          • Dec 2018

There is a DIY out there where someone tried it. Basically you need panel and a few sensors. That said he couldn't get it to work as the central module wasn't jiving with the swap. Maybe someone has figured a way to code it by now though.

Comment

• Saponetta
            Lifetime Member
            Lifetime Member
            • Sep 2018

Yoid probably have to clone a body module for a car that did have the option to your car along with the hardeware swap.
            2013 abarth
            Spec 2+ clutch
            Working on new divided turbo setup
            Homebrew fmic w/ corsa forza hoses
            Stock Downpipe with cat and 2.25discharge
            Coils
            Homemade cowl intake
            ECB yellows/stop tech fluid
            Koni/vogtland
            Braces and strut mounts
            Corsa forza vento
            E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned
            cowl intake, custom fmic and bypass valve, vogtlands, rear vette bilstiens, long 3 inch downpipe to stock rear section.

Comment

• bryanintowson
              • Mar 2012

This issue will be the same if you try to add foglights. The BCM knows the cars VIN and knows what it was equipped with at the factory. You will have to reprogram the BCU or clone another better equipped car.

Comment

• smark
                • Apr 2014

Lots of sensors, different wiring harnesses, the vehicle computer software. You probably need to get hold of a Fiat 500 service manual. To understand what parts your going to need, to assemble it. Lot of those parts you can get from a salvage vehicle. I really doubt it plug and play.
                Last edited by smark; 07-20-2019, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• map
                  • Dec 2018

This may be the thread you spoke of. The owner explains, "Update on what's going on with the ac swap. So turns out everything is plug and play!"

Spoiler Alert! The owner dropped offline shortly afterwards. Serving 5 years for stealing an Abarth BCM, perhaps?

Comment