PDA

View Full Version : Category Suggestion

RacerRon
06-11-2011, 10:42 PM
How about a category for other car marques owned by Fiat: Ferrari, Alfa Romero, Etc.

Also a category for the older 500 and maybe one for other Fiats besides the 500.

Fiat500USA
06-12-2011, 07:18 AM
How about a category for other car marques owned by Fiat: Ferrari, Alfa Romero, Etc.

Also a category for the older 500 and maybe one for other Fiats besides the 500.

Sounds good, I'll take a look at it after I come home from work.:cool:

Alvon Elrod
06-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Personally, I like that the Forum only caters to the new Fiat 500. There are already plenty of other forums that cater to the other marques.

Alvon

Rossonero404
06-13-2011, 09:43 AM
This is totally a minor technicality, but i notice here on the new site that i don't stay logged in as long as the old one. If i come back to the site after an hour or so i usually have to log back in. Could be my OS or maybe i missed something in the user settings?

Alvon Elrod
06-13-2011, 04:38 PM
I get bumped off a lot, too.

RacerRon
06-13-2011, 06:13 PM
If I take my time in writing a post, it may log me out before I click on the "Post Reply" button.

Rossonero404
06-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Good, i'm not the only one then. I have not time this yet, but log out is certainly less then 30 minutes.

Fiat500USA
06-16-2011, 10:32 AM
This is totally a minor technicality, but i notice here on the new site that i don't stay logged in as long as the old one. If i come back to the site after an hour or so i usually have to log back in. Could be my OS or maybe i missed something in the user settings?

If I take my time in writing a post, it may log me out before I click on the "Post Reply" button.

Good, i'm not the only one then. I have not time this yet, but log out is certainly less then 30 minutes.

I'll have to take a look at that. Thanks for the heads up :eek:

SpidArman
06-16-2011, 11:13 AM
I think it's time for a classified section... With people modifying their cars, things like wheels, shifters, headlights, taillights, badges, etc should coming up for sale. Better here than Ebay....

Arman

Fiat500USA
06-17-2011, 01:46 AM
Great suggestions, Keep them coming! I'll work to implement them.

lirandy
06-17-2011, 04:03 AM
I think it's time for a classified section... With people modifying their cars, things like wheels, shifters, headlights, taillights, badges, etc should coming up for sale. Better here than Ebay....

Arman

+1.....Ebay is just too broad when searching stuff for the new 500. Maybe also a category for classified vendors? At least we can know where to buy stuff for our cars...

Fiat500USA
06-17-2011, 09:35 AM

I'll have to take a look at that. Thanks for the heads up :eek:

I've made an adjustment, let's see if it works. Also make sure you set the log in to "remember me"

Fiat500USA
06-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Let's keep this thread about categories. For other suggestions, let's start a new topic:cool:

F500
06-30-2011, 12:39 PM
how about "Regional" catagories? like Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, etc.....where those living in that area can gather and discuss local events, 500 'spotting' and things like that. meets, gatherings or even car shows that might be of interest can be listed. just less 'stuff' for us to sort through when looking for an event in our area. just a thought.......

Fiat500USA
07-08-2011, 11:10 AM
how about "Regional" catagories? like Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, etc.....where those living in that area can gather and discuss local events, 500 'spotting' and things like that. meets, gatherings or even car shows that might be of interest can be listed. just less 'stuff' for us to sort through when looking for an event in our area. just a thought.......

That makes sense. Added to the to do list;)

Fiat500USA
07-09-2011, 10:31 AM
+1.....Ebay is just too broad when searching stuff for the new 500. Maybe also a category for classified vendors? At least we can know where to buy stuff for our cars...

Good suggestion. I'll do a classified category once I post the official rules of the forum.

lirandy
08-23-2011, 12:24 AM
How about a category on "How-to....." for all the DIY-ers?

Fiat500USA
08-23-2011, 12:37 AM
How about a category on "How-to....." for all the DIY-ers?

Yep, I've been thinking about that. Working on it now!

buzzny
10-16-2011, 08:57 PM
How about a 'Documentation' section? Pdf's of owners manuals, sales lit., service instructions, etc...

Fiat500USA
10-16-2011, 09:33 PM
How about a 'Documentation' section? Pdf's of owners manuals, sales lit., service instructions, etc...

Thanks, that is an interesting suggestion. I do have a reference section on the "Home" page. Check it out here. (http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/content.php?137-manuals) I'll look into it, however publishing certain materials can get into a sticky situation.