PDA

View Full Version : July 2018 Ride of The Month Contest

Fiat500USA
07-04-2018, 09:23 AM
The July 2018 Fiat 500 USA Forum Ride of The Month contest is now open! This month's prize is $50 to your PayPal account courtesy of Fiat500USA.com!

Below are the rules for your convenience (they are stickied at the top of the ROTM forum)

Here are the rules:
1.Every first 15 days of the month, look for a thread that says "ROTM [Month] 2017 Submissions" and there you can post 5 pictures of your car and list all your modifications. Up to ten cars will be in the running. It's first come first served and members have 15 days to make their post with pics and mod list. After 15 days I'll close the thread. Anyone who doesn't make the deadline, can enter the following month. There will be no discussions or comments in the thread.

2.Between 15th-20th day of the month we'll set up the poll, and starting on the 16th day, and running through the end of the month, the site votes and a winner will be chosen by most votes. Ties will be decided by who entered the contest first, so enter now!

Rule Details
1. Up to five photos may be posted. NO collages. NO Photoshoping to alter the appearance of the car. White balance/color correction is OK. HDR and other such effects, presets or filters are OK, but frowned upon. It is the Ride of the Month - not Image of the Month.
2. Modifications list must be what you have on your car now. Not in the future. Mods that you are selling and are listed in the classifieds cannot be included.
3. You may link to build thread if you have one.
4. Anyone who is in the running this month and loses must skip a month before re-entering the contest again.
5. Winner has to wait 1 year before re-entering.
6. There is a two car minimum for the contest to run, ten car maximum. If there aren't two cars, the contest is suspended for that month.
7. NO soliciting to "vote for me" in the forum. NO getting your friends just to join so you can win. If that happens you will be removed from the competition.
8. This is a contest for members, so that means your personal car. No company cars or vendor's cars.
9. One car entry per person, per month. Meaning if you own two cars you cannot enter them both at the same time.
10. If you own two cars and you win one month, the winning car cannot be re-entered for 1 year. The other car may be entered after skipping a month.
11. Contest open to any year Fiat Group Car - Fiat, Abarth, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Ferrari, Autobianchi, Innocenti, and Fiats built under license -Zastava, SEAT, etc., etc!

Remember - This thread is for submissions.

Let's see what ya got!

Fiat500USA
07-07-2018, 08:13 AM
Cleaning your car today? When you are done, take a few pictures and enter the Ride of The Month Contest. We would love to see your car, plus, you may win!

supertrainguy
07-08-2018, 05:52 PM
If it wasn't against the rules, I would re enter this month. :)

Robert Nixon
07-16-2018, 09:02 PM
We've had some nice cars winning this contest every month, surely there is SOMEONE out there that is proud of their FIAT and wants to enter this month!! No cost to enter, and you get your money back if you don't win!

Fiat500USA
07-17-2018, 12:21 PM
We've had some nice cars winning this contest every month, surely there is SOMEONE out there that is proud of their FIAT and wants to enter this month!! No cost to enter, and you get your money back if you don't win!

Hahaha:lol:

StellalostinPDX
07-17-2018, 01:18 PM
I would be happy to post up my modless 500, but right now I'm scrounging pennies just to get it back to factory finish and don't feel it's worthy of a post. It's amazing how no matter how hard you take care of your baby, there's always someone out there waiting to bugger it up for you.

MrFiat
07-17-2018, 02:43 PM
If it's not too late, I'll post an entry in hopes of getting at least one or two more folks to do the same. @ADMIN --If it's too late, feel free to delete.
Here goes:

The year 2011 saw North America's introduction to the all new N.A. spec Fiat 500. Although the year was 2011, the car was introduced as a 2012 giving the new owners a years grace on depreciation. Also that year Central New York State was given 3 dealerships. One in Albany, one in Buffalo and one centrally located in Rochester NY. Albany was first to open followed closely by Rochester, then some time later by Buffalo.

This is my 2012 Fiat 500 Sport, purchased at Doan Fiat in Rochester NY. It was the First Fiat 500 sold in upstate New York. It's been a little over 5 years since and it's still running strong. I had a little sorting out to do at first, like bad rear wheel bearings from the factory --- (replaced under warantee -- hassle free, I might add) but other than that it's been a very reliable automobile and a total joy to drive. It's not an Abarth by any means. It has a soft spoken but tough as nails charm that's all its own. It rests in the summer for the most part, giving the daily driver chore to the Bianco 500 Abarth, but still it see's an ocassional outing while waiting for the winter months to start work again.

This 500 is completely stock with no modifications at all. As far as I'm concerned, it's perfect that way! So step right up and enter your car. The Sport should be an easy target! :friendly_wink:

http://i63.tinypic.com/68hugy.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/hwkaix.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/oi95l2.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2yllh0i.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/14e3zlw.jpg

MrFiat
07-17-2018, 02:44 PM
I would be happy to post up my modless 500, but right now I'm scrounging pennies just to get it back to factory finish and don't feel it's worthy of a post. It's amazing how no matter how hard you take care of your baby, there's always someone out there waiting to bugger it up for you.

Live dangerous --- post it anyway!

Fiat500USA
07-17-2018, 04:31 PM
July is always a busy month for everyone, so we'll extend the deadline until the weekend. Go for it!

Carlita
07-17-2018, 10:01 PM
July is always a busy month for everyone, so we'll extend the deadline until the weekend. Go for it!

I am still in Colorado so I can't take new pictures of my Abarth. I just have the pictures from the dealer when I bought it last October.

Would these be acceptable? If not, I can ask my boyfriend to see if he can take a few pics for me since he is 'car sitting' for me until I return to Florida.

MrFiat
07-19-2018, 05:17 PM
It's Thursday ---- The gauntlet has been thrown down and no one has stepped forward to pick it up. Can it be ??? ---- Yes !!! ---- The mighty Sport must have frightened away all the competition ! :devilish:

StellalostinPDX
07-19-2018, 09:00 PM
We have until the weekend yes? :B

Fiat500USA
07-19-2018, 10:44 PM

Let's do Sunday by Midnite. :wavey:

MrFiat
07-20-2018, 07:53 AM

That is corrrect, sir.

MrFiat
07-20-2018, 07:58 AM
Let's do Sunday by Midnite. :wavey:

We may have us a contest yet, eh? :naughty:

sonicsdaman
07-20-2018, 08:05 AM
I did it back in May and I'll do it again

I'll let MrFiat win

2012 Abarth

EC v2.1 intake, 695FT/Phase1+PB. some minor cosmetics like eyelids stubby antenna, etc.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30411&d=1526413522

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30412&d=1526413533

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30413&d=1526413542

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30414&d=1526413545

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30415&d=1526413547

pvflyer
07-20-2018, 04:04 PM
If it's not too late, I'll post an entry in hopes of getting at least one or two more folks to do the same. @ADMIN --If it's too late, feel free to delete.
Here goes:

The year 2011 saw North America's introduction to the all new N.A. spec Fiat 500. Although the year was 2011, the car was introduced as a 2012 giving the new owners a years grace on depreciation. Also that year Central New York State was given 3 dealerships. One in Albany, one in Buffalo and one centrally located in Rochester NY. Albany was first to open followed closely by Rochester, then some time later by Buffalo.

This is my 2012 Fiat 500 Sport, purchased at Doan Fiat in Rochester NY. It was the First Fiat 500 sold in upstate New York. It's been a little over 5 years since and it's still running strong. I had a little sorting out to do at first, like bad rear wheel bearings from the factory --- (replaced under warantee -- hassle free, I might add) but other than that it's been a very reliable automobile and a total joy to drive. It's not an Abarth by any means. It has a soft spoken but tough as nails charm that's all its own. It rests in the summer for the most part, giving the daily driver chore to the Bianco 500 Abarth, but still it see's an ocassional outing while waiting for the winter months to start work again.

This 500 is completely stock with no modifications at all. As far as I'm concerned, it's perfect that way! So step right up and enter your car. The Sport should be an easy target! :friendly_wink:

http://i66.tinypic.com/14e3zlw.jpg

sorry for hijack the thread

The white w/blue stripes is that a 750 Zagato? if so please we need more pics of that jewel dancingsmilies

MrFiat
07-20-2018, 04:57 PM
I did it back in May and I'll do it again

I'll let MrFiat win

2012 Abarth

EC v2.1 intake, 695FT/Phase1+PB. some minor cosmetics like eyelids stubby antenna, etc.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30413&d=1526413542

The ice and snow on the Abarth has to be worth at least 50 votes ! Thanks for joining in on the fun this month!

whitep11
07-20-2018, 04:58 PM
If it's not too late:

Here's my 2013 Fiat 500T. Picked it up in February and have slowly been modifying it since. The next few weeks will see wider wheels and tires and flares, but this is how it sits today. Mod list is fairly small for now and includes:

- RRM CAI and heat shield
- Eurocompulsion silicone hose kit and ram air boot in red
- Custom straight pipe center exit exhaust with custom rear diffuser
- Madness VMaxx coilovers with upgraded front springs and Energy Suspension add-ons

MrFiat
07-20-2018, 05:07 PM
sorry for hijack the thread

The white w/blue stripes is that a 750 Zagato? if so please we need more pics of that jewel dancingsmilies

hijacked for a worthy cause. :friendly_wink: Indeed it is a 750 Zagato. Been driving it for 54 years now. Still going strong.
Check out MrFiat's garage for more pics. Also visit my abarth site www.abarthz.com for more.

MrFiat
07-20-2018, 05:10 PM
If it's not too late:

Here's my 2013 Fiat 500T. Picked it up in February and have slowly been modifying it since. The next few weeks will see wider wheels and tires and flares, but this is how it sits today. Mod list is fairly small for now and includes:

- RRM CAI and heat shield
- Eurocompulsion silicone hose kit and ram air boot in red
- Custom straight pipe center exit exhaust with custom rear diffuser
- Madness VMaxx coilovers with upgraded front springs and Energy Suspension add-ons

Attaboy !!! Thanks for joining in the fun this month ! This is shaping up to be heaps of fun!

StellalostinPDX
07-20-2018, 05:21 PM
@whitep11 that is stunnnning! :drool:

MrFiat
07-20-2018, 05:39 PM
@whitep11 that is stunnnning! :drool:

We should have another T in the contest. --- hint, hint --- :encouragement: That would be very cool!

pvflyer
07-20-2018, 05:57 PM
hijacked for a worthy cause. :friendly_wink: Indeed it is a 750 Zagato. Been driving it for 54 years now. Still going strong.
Check out MrFiat's garage for more pics. Also visit my abarth site www.abarthz.com (http://www.abarthz.com) for more.

Thanks

one of, if not, the most beautiful Abarth. congrats! 54 years under one roof is even more amazing. thanks for the web link.

StellalostinPDX
07-20-2018, 07:36 PM
We should have another T in the contest. --- hint, hint --- :encouragement: That would be very cool!
If you insist kind sir!

Here's Stella. 2013 Fiat 500T with zero mods, but lots of dents, paint chips, scratches, cracks, and two very, very bent wheels. This fiesty rollerskate has been the first genuinely nice and most reliable car I've ever had. I got her with 15k on the odo over the course of two years from the first owner, and then I slammed another 55k in the next two and half years. I was hesitant on modding a car that was from factory perfect and with warranty, but now at the point where some TLC is required, so I'm excited to finally have an excuse to do all those little bits I've lusted after, like giving her that stunning Abarth bark and ya know... wheels that aren't egg shaped.... :dread:

Big thanks to the member that reached out and told me to stop being the OCD perfectionist I am and just post my baby and be proud of her stretch marks. You know who you are!

MrFiat
07-20-2018, 08:21 PM
If you insist kind sir!

Here's Stella. 2013 Fiat 500T with zero mods, but lots of dents, paint chips, scratches, cracks, and two very, very bent wheels. This fiesty rollerskate has been the first genuinely nice and most reliable car I've ever had. I got her with 15k on the odo over the course of two years from the first owner, and then I slammed another 55k in the next two and half years. I was hesitant on modding a car that was from factory perfect and with warranty, but now at the point where some TLC is required, so I'm excited to finally have an excuse to do all those little bits I've lusted after, like giving her that stunning Abarth bark and ya know... wheels that aren't egg shaped.... :dread:

Big thanks to the member that reached out and told me to stop being the OCD perfectionist I am and just post my baby and be proud of her stretch marks. You know who you are!

ALRIGHT !!! Now That's what I'm talking about. That's one good looking ride. Thanks for joining in on the fun this month.

MrFiat
07-23-2018, 07:37 AM
Our FIAT community

Over the last several years --- since 2011 specifically --- fiat500USAforum.com has grown from a starting group of a couple dozen die-hard FIAT and ABARTH fans to a total of more than 25,000 today. That's quite an impressive accomplishment. Not all are active in the community, of course. Life revolves. A few have passed away. Some have moved on and others have arrived on the scene to take their place just as in any other community. What's much more impressive is the fact that this IS a community --- a community brought together by our common fascination with FIAT and its creations. But more than that, we've become a family.

By all reckoning, we are a small group but a close knit one that understands the value of friendship and respect and has always functioned accordingly. In short, it's a friendly place to be and in truth, an online family. It's a great place to play together and share our experiences, ideas, and accomplishments. The latter of which is massively evident in the beautiful machinery and creative customization of the cars that are proudly displayed each month on our ROTM car show.

The reason I'm posting this is because I sincerely want to thank each and every one of you who answered my goofy challenge and entered your cars in this month's ROTM. I'll admit (to my discredit) that like most of us I've sometimes been lax in these matters. But as in most true families, somone comes along and stirs the pot to get things going once again and from there the beat goes on. I guess it was my turn to do the stirring this month.

We have some really beautiful machines on display this month so with my complements and sincere gratitude to you all, let the games begin. beerchug

StellalostinPDX
07-23-2018, 02:34 PM
Voted!! :congratulatory:

Carlita
07-23-2018, 03:10 PM
Voted! Wow! Another great set of entries!

sonicsdaman
07-23-2018, 03:12 PM
The ice and snow on the Abarth has to be worth at least 50 votes ! Thanks for joining in on the fun this month!

sillylol I'd be amazed if I get more then 5 votes

MrFiat
07-23-2018, 03:58 PM
sillylol I'd be amazed if I get more then 5 votes

I'd be amazed if you didn't !

Fiat500USA
07-23-2018, 10:49 PM
Time to vote for Ride of the Month. Check these cars out!

TheGodfather
07-25-2018, 10:32 AM
I voted

MrFiat
07-25-2018, 05:46 PM
I voted

ATTABOY !! :encouragement:

Fiat500USA
07-28-2018, 01:12 PM
Time to vote for Ride of The Month. We've got four cool cars to check out this month. Give 'em some love!

pvflyer
07-28-2018, 03:20 PM
Great cars!!

Voted............

MrFiat
07-28-2018, 08:32 PM
Great cars!!

Voted............

ATTABOY ! THANKS FOR VOTING. :encouragement:

MrFiat
07-31-2018, 05:03 PM
With just a few hours left to vote in this month's ROTM, it seems the winner is a foregone conclusion. But there's still a few hours on the clock, so it's not over 'til it's over ! :cool:

sonicsdaman
08-01-2018, 07:01 AM
I'd be amazed if you didn't !

told ya, less then 5 sillylol

MrFiat
08-01-2018, 08:40 AM
told ya, less then 5 sillylol

Ahhh, sadly yes, but you deserved so much more. :nod:

MrFiat
08-01-2018, 08:55 AM
A HUGE congrats to WhiteP11 for a very well deserved win! :applause: Gorgeous automobile !!

Thanks again to all who answered the call this month (and to all who cast a vote). Worthy competition, all. beerchug

whitep11
08-01-2018, 09:53 AM
Thank you MrFiat, and thanks to everyone who voted, and to sonicsdaman and StellalostinPDX as well for joining in this month!

A HUGE congrats to WhiteP11 for a very well deserved win! :applause: Gorgeous automobile !!

Thanks again to all who answered the call this month (and to all who cast a vote). Worthy competition, all. beerchug

Fiat500USA
08-02-2018, 12:01 PM
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30985&d=1532120262

Congratulations whitep11 for winning the Ride of The Month Contest and the prize courtesy of Fiat500USA.com! bigclap Let's also thank MrFiat, sonicsdaman, and StellalostinPDX for sharing their cars with us. Great contest you guys! Thanks MrFiat and everyone else for help getting the votes out! :thumbsup:

Tweak
08-02-2018, 10:45 PM
Congrats on your win!