PDA

View Full Version : Sun Roof Shade

WileyCoyote
07-03-2018, 12:14 AM
I need to apologize in adavancs if this is already a thred but Iím beat from replacing the radiator on my Ď14 L that sprang a leak. Two weeks (I was on vacation and couldnít fix it sooner) ago my sun shade came out while closing it. What I mean is the bar that moves it forward and back is good. The slack begin the bar (all the way to the back end) is off track and hanging down in the car. I pulled the headliner down and for the life of me cannot figure out how it stays put/spools in the headline and so I canít fix it. Anyone ever had that issue and know how to fix?

islander
07-04-2018, 12:41 PM
No personal experience with this issue but it was raised in some threads on this site and/or over on the 'owner's' site a number of years ago, maybe as far back as 2013 or 2014. So I of course panicked a bit when I read those and have been a little paranoid about opening or closing the shade since. But no problems so far. Anyway hopefully a search on these sites might suss out those earlier missives.

Later when I’m at home I’ll check my 'archives'. I used to salt away just about everything 500L i came acro and might have something.

WileyCoyote
07-04-2018, 01:31 PM
That would be GREATLY appreciated. It’s currently rolled back in the storage section out of the way.

islander
07-05-2018, 01:10 PM
OK, this is one thread from Sept 2013 I recalled and located: Sunroof Problem (http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11675-Sunroof-Problem&highlight=shade). I'll send along any other references I can find. This particular thread showed up about 3 weeks after I got my Trekking so I was more than a bit alarmed. But so far so good. Like I said above I do not open or close the shade very much. The photos in that thread show why.

Mama's Leadfoot
10-09-2018, 10:40 PM
Wow! I've only had the L about 5 weeks and already had the sunshade open & close probably 15 to 20 times. I am looking at a hard sunshade made for the Tesla glass roof, to see if it would fit in the opening 'cause Hubby totally hates how bright the sun is. (Our Passats have sunroofs with the hard cover.) Maybe I'll speed up my search for an alternative. Thanks for sharing/scaring.