PDA

View Full Version : 2017 500L Whining Noise

Blakehatch
06-23-2018, 09:52 AM
I have a2017 500 L. Since the day we got it it has a high pitch whining sound that is audible to the ear from about 35 miles an hour to about 60 miles an hour. So far the dealership has changed the front right wheel bearing. Now they are going to change a belt idler. I still believe itís in the transmission somewhere. Whether itís the type of oil or how the gears mesh together, Iím not sure.The sound seems to intermittently go away as you let your foot off the throttle if youíre on flat level ground. As soon as you put horse power to it the whine starts immediately. Any ideas what to look for would be great help. Thank you

Fiat500USA
06-23-2018, 10:51 AM
Welcome to the forum. Could you be hearing the turbocharger? You can hear the turbo whistle or whine on an Abarth and the peak boost pressure on a 500L is even higher (21psi compared to 18 psi). If it is, that is normal.

Blakehatch
06-25-2018, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the response. As of right now we pretty sure that it’s not the turbos. The dealer is going to change the tension idler on the 9th of July. Not yet that’s it either. We will find out. Good thing we bought extended warranty. I will keep you posted