PDA

View Full Version : Things I've noticed about my 500x two months out

Vibro
06-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Thought I'd list a few things with the caveat that none of them come close to souring me on the car:
I barely let my wife drive it because she messes with the seat and it takes me a week to get it set back again. So why would they make a car with power seats that doesn't have at least ONE position memory?
I am noticing a lot of heat radiating from the windshield/dashboard and front window area on sunny days, and its tricky to combat it with AC. I wonder if its a design factor - very long and flat dash, combined with somewhat low middle AC vents.
The steering wheel is covered with some sort of synthetic material. While driving the surface of it makes a sound that is loud enough to be noticed, and I have. Why doesn't a 500X in Lounge trim not have a leather wrapped steering wheel? Is this a dealer thing?
I can hear the front brakes abrading when I stop in the same way I can hear the sounds of my hand on steering wheel. (note this is with the windows up and the radio off) I've been driving over 30 years and I have to say this is the first car I've experienced that in. It's so unusual that I might have the dealer take a look at it. Now before y'all accuse me of having spidey senses, know that my ears are just about fried and ring constantly from decades of amplified guitar and a 3 year stint in the US Army as a Mortar Gunner. =)
And finally, the road in front of my house sits about 8' below my garage. My driveway makes up that elevation change in about 15'. its a 90 degree turn so I have to come to an almost full stop to execute it. Giving the car some power to get off the street and up the incline causes the transmission to engage abruptly with a bang. it takes effort to avoid this which can be tricky because the speed limit on the road I'm turning from is 50mph. it this a product of the car being in 5-6 gear and having to dump to 1st? I haven't tried to manually control it yet, maybe tonight.

Haring
06-01-2018, 01:27 PM
What year X? The last part about the transmission sounds like the earlier models. You might need one of the updates. You mention the manual control...love it so much better on mine than regular auto. Makes the X more fun to drive but there is a slight delay in the shifting still.

My friend has an X that I tried driving to hear a water noise in the dash. I noticed on her's that you could hear the front brakes. On mine I can't.

The dash does soak up a lot of heat. I normally keep the main vents on and the defroster/windshield ones on when I have AC. Keeps it from heating up.

My other half's Jeep Cherokee has electric seats without memory...so since my X cost almost $15k cheaper I didn't expect them to have it. :D

Vibro
06-01-2018, 01:56 PM
What year X? The last part about the transmission sounds like the earlier models. You might need one of the updates. You mention the manual control...love it so much better on mine than regular auto. Makes the X more fun to drive but there is a slight delay in the shifting still.

My friend has an X that I tried driving to hear a water noise in the dash. I noticed on her's that you could hear the front brakes. On mine I can't.

The dash does soak up a lot of heat. I normally keep the main vents on and the defroster/windshield ones on when I have AC. Keeps it from heating up.

My other half's Jeep Cherokee has electric seats without memory...so since my X cost almost $15k cheaper I didn't expect them to have it. :D

2018 - just got it. funny thing about the seat - my wifes 2013 Sport has manual seat position memory....

Roberto Ballardini
06-01-2018, 03:32 PM
I have a 2016 X trekking Plus dealer demo car, it had 6k miles when I bought it. I've had the X in now some 5 times for a vibration, jerky shifting and flashing dash and radio. They replaced the dash and radio, seems fine now. They replaced the trans/engine mounts but the vibration is still present though less.

As far as the trans goes... this last visit it seems they have the trans working MUCH better, I'm almost happy with it. The service invoice stated they did something called a "VALVE BODY RELEARN"...? This was my 5th visit for that. When they say we don't have any Fiat techs right now do you still want to leave it? I always say keep it until i's fixed! I will say Glendale Chrysler has been very accommodating and have tried to or have fixed most all my complaints since they didn't build the car.

I've never had any brakes noise or issues. After my Abarth I'm loving the seats in the X. Evry once in a while I hear and odd sound coming I think from the rear but it's very rare.

PLP
06-04-2018, 02:25 PM
I cannot say much about other issues as we have 2016 Trekking Plus that has leather steering wheel and the wheel is quiet. AC is OK I'd say. It can always be better, right? Yet, I must say the climate control is good. Rear is missing center vents, though.

Now, the tranny.
I believe what you are experiencing is a drop from 2nd to 1st when accelerating.
You must come to a complete stop for 1 second (not even the jump/rolling stop) to get the 1st gear in. But when you are taking off strongly in 2dn, it will drop to the 1st.
Unfortunately you do not see the gear you are in on the dash. 2016 used to have it (before the update).

It is 9-speed, though.
2018 should be up to date with all software glitches they had previously.

Vibro
06-07-2018, 11:20 AM
I think you're right on the gearing. I can't come to a full stop on a 50 mph road, and the car has to climb immediately. I've been shifting manually and that seems to have solved it.

Vibro
06-07-2018, 11:22 AM
I have a 2016 X trekking Plus dealer demo car, it had 6k miles when I bought it. I've had the X in now some 5 times for a vibration, jerky shifting and flashing dash and radio. They replaced the dash and radio, seems fine now. They replaced the trans/engine mounts but the vibration is still present though less.

As far as the trans goes... this last visit it seems they have the trans working MUCH better, I'm almost happy with it. The service invoice stated they did something called a "VALVE BODY RELEARN"...? This was my 5th visit for that. When they say we don't have any Fiat techs right now do you still want to leave it? I always say keep it until i's fixed! I will say Glendale Chrysler has been very accommodating and have tried to or have fixed most all my complaints since they didn't build the car.

I've never had any brakes noise or issues. After my Abarth I'm loving the seats in the X. Evry once in a while I hear and odd sound coming I think from the rear but it's very rare.

The dealer made sure everything was up to date before I drove off the lot.