PDA

View Full Version : Fiat parts shortage?

Robert Zecca
05-30-2018, 12:34 PM
I recently tried to buy new axles for a Fiat 500 Abarth. I was told they only offer remanufactured. Any one else experience this?
You cannot buy just a CV joint you must by a complete assembly.

Control arms. I heard there are issues getting those as well.

What is the deal? Please respond and let me know what your experience has been.

texanbrit
05-30-2018, 04:32 PM
I imagine that the problem is only going to get worse with Fiat talking about pulling out of the US market again. The US specific pieces might be very tough to source.

Robert Zecca
05-30-2018, 06:35 PM
We are trying to source proper CV joints for the future so that we can rebuild axles along with other wear items.
Thank goodness these cars are VERY reliable. Besides oil changes, brakes, pads, rotors, tires, plugs, filters etc.....not much else goes. The only wear issue is axle bearings......rears first then fronts.
It is the major parts that worry me.
The ironic thing is years ago Fiats were not reliable......today they are......and now FCA wants to pull the plug on the American market a second time. Not fair.....very sad. I am committed to the brand and will research all for the future so that we have little issues moving forward.

Southernroadrunner
05-30-2018, 07:59 PM
I imagine that the problem is only going to get worse with Fiat talking about pulling out of the US market again. The US specific pieces might be very tough to source.

I see this coming up again about leaving the NA market but haven't seen anything official. The only thing I've seen in the financials is June 1st there's suppose to be a plan announced. We shall see I guess in a couple days.

Robert Zecca
05-31-2018, 12:29 PM
Just today a customer called looking for a head gasket for his motor. The dealer told him backordered....could take 180 days! I cannot believe this is happening!! I try to source parts in Italy. I get a remanufactured driveshaft here for $275 and a new one in Italy is $425.......for a FIAT 500 ???? Very upsetting.

Robert Zecca
06-07-2018, 12:10 PM
Yesterday another customer from Mass. mentioned he needed a shifter cable for his 500 and it is on nationwide backorder. This is not acceptable!!!

Fiat500USA
06-07-2018, 03:28 PM
I think we need to be careful about saying Fiat is leaving. thinking of, or pulling out etc. There is nothing official to back any of this up. Remember how the media works. One outlet publishes something (in this case speculation) and then the rest jump in to regurgitate what they just read. Some will try to outdo each other to get a bigger headline but in this case there is nothing to corroborate, so it is just BS you are reading about. Whatever facts get lost in the sauce. Now with Facebook on the scene, people are spreading rumors like never before. We need to not be part of it and cut the hysteria. Just my .2

Southernroadrunner
06-07-2018, 04:46 PM
I think we need to be careful about saying Fiat is leaving. thinking of, or pulling out etc. There is nothing official to back any of this up. Remember how the media works. One outlet publishes something (in this case speculation) and then the rest jump in to regurgitate what they just read. Some will try to outdo each other to get a bigger headline but in this case there is nothing to corroborate, so it is just BS you are reading about. Whatever facts get lost in the sauce. Now with Facebook on the scene, people are spreading rumors like never before. We need to not be part of it and cut the hysteria. Just my .2

No sir I was not implying that they were leaving. What I was trying topoint out was if there would be an issue ofsome type someday I think between ourselves and vendors maybe we would be ok. Wasnt implying they were leaving. At least after the announcement people should feel better about the situation.

Robert Zecca
06-07-2018, 09:10 PM
The good news is they are not leaving. Around 2023 they plan to specialize in electric vehicles around the 500 platform which makes sense. We will be fine.