PDA

View Full Version : New Forum...

Fiat500USA
04-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Hi All,

I've been mentioning the new forum that I am switching over to for a while now. Well it's getting closer. I have a programmer that is writing a script to transfer all these posts to the new site. As they say... any day now;)

While we are waiting, can you all go to the new Fiat 500 USA Forum Facebook page and hit "Like". That will help secure a name for the site.

Here is the link: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Fiat-500-USA-Forum/212139168813515">Fiat 500 USA Forum Facebook Page</a>

Thanks for all your support!

Best regards,

Chris

PS. I know I should have posted this on the "Site News" but the general discussion gets the most views! I'll be better on the new forum:)

jamesday24
04-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Very cool. This seems like the most active forum, but the features of Nabble are lacking. Glad to see something better is coming. I have a lot of experience with forums (mostly phpBB), so let me know if you want any help or need some moderators.

I just tried to "Like" it and got the error "Sorry, your connection failed at this time. Please try again."

Is FIAT USA going to give you any grief over the name of the site/forums?

sjmst
04-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Done!

SpidArman
04-23-2011, 04:56 PM
owhhhh man. Now I will not be able to log on several times per day at work. They don't like facebook there. :(

Alvon Elrod
04-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Yeh, same here. Facebook is barred at work. Darn.

Alvon

ciddyguy
04-23-2011, 06:19 PM
author="Fiat500USA">
Hi All,

I've been mentioning the new forum that I am switching over to for a while now. Well its getting closer. I have a programmer that is writing a script to transfer all these posts to the new site. As they say... any day now;)

While we are waiting, can you all go to the new Fiat 500 USA Forum Facebook page and hit "Like". That will help secure a name for the site.

Here is the link: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Fiat-500-USA-Forum/212139168813515">Fiat 500 USA Forum Facebook Page</a>

Thanks for all your support!

Best regards,

Chris

PS. I know I should have posted this on the "Site News" but the general discussion gets the most views! I'll be better on the new forum:)

Chris,

Are you actually going to PUT the forum onto Facebook or is that just the page to advertise it?

Reason I ask is that there are some who refuse to do Facebook, and I'm one, I know, a minority but still...

HotFIAT.com
04-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Hi Chris

I figured you were busy playing with your new Fiat. I guess in fact you are working on FB. Can you please contact me about being a sponsor.

Thanks and Happy Easter
Rick
HotFiat.com

Fiat500USA
04-23-2011, 10:56 PM
author="Alvon Elrod">

Alvon

Don't worry, it's just a Facebook page, <i>NOT</i> the forum. <smiley image='smiley_good.gif'/> The Forum is vBulletin 4.0 and is up being tested. You guys and gals deserve the best!

<smiley image='anim_handshake.gif'/>

Fiat500USA
04-23-2011, 11:06 PM
<quote author="rhart">
Hi Chris

I figured you were busy playing with your new Fiat. I guess in fact you are working on FB. Can you please contact me about being a sponsor.

Thanks and Happy Easter
Rick
HotFiat.com
</quote>

Hi Rick,

Believe it or not, between work and this site, I haven't had that much time to check my car out! Crazy, right? I'm working tomorrow, but I'll get in touch Monday.

Thanks and best regards,

Chris

HotFIAT.com
04-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Chris

Take time out to wolf down a marshmallow bunny.
Contact me when you get caught up.

Warm wishes for the weekend
Rick

rhart wrote:
> Hi Chris
>
> I figured you were busy playing with your new Fiat. I guess in fact you are working on FB. Can you please contact me about being a sponsor.
>
> Thanks and Happy Easter
> Rick
> HotFiat.com
> Hi Rick,

> Believe it or not, between work and this site, I haven't had that much time to check my car out! Crazy, right? I'm working tomorrow, but I'll get in touch Monday.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Chris
> Prima Edizione 29
>
>
>

Fiat500USA
04-23-2011, 11:27 PM
author="rhart">
Chris

Take time out to wolf down a marshmallow bunny.
Contact me when you get caught up.

Warm wishes for the weekend
Rick

Same here... thanks Rick!

Fiat500USA
04-23-2011, 11:42 PM
author="jamesday24">
Very cool. This seems like the most active forum, but the features of Nabble are lacking. Glad to see something better is coming. I have a lot of experience with forums (mostly phpBB), so let me know if you want any help or need some moderators.

I just tried to "Like" it and got the error "Sorry, your connection failed at this time. Please try again."

Is FIAT USA going to give you any grief over the name of the site/forums?

Yeah, Nabble has its limitations, I'm looking forward to the vBulletin site. It does, however, have an extreme learning curve. Nabble doesn't have a migration feature, so I am having someone write a custom program to make that happen.

Also, thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind.

ciddyguy
04-23-2011, 11:48 PM
author="Fiat500USA">

author="Alvon Elrod">

Alvon

Don't worry, it's just a Facebook page, <i>NOT</i> the forum. <smiley image='smiley_good.gif'/> The Forum is vBulletin 4.0 and is up being tested. You guys and gals deserve the best!

<smiley image='anim_handshake.gif'/>

Oh good, whew! <smiley image='smiley_beam.gif'/>

jamesday24
05-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Chris, any idea when you might launch the new forums? <smiley image='smiley_beam.gif'/>

Fiat500USA
05-02-2011, 01:07 PM
author="jamesday24">
Chris, any idea when you might launch the new forums? <smiley image='smiley_beam.gif'/>

Going to contact the programmer tonight and see how it's going... fingers crossed...