PDA

View Full Version : Stock 124 Abarth brakes vs. Brembos

rustbucket
05-12-2018, 03:16 PM
I was curious as to how much better (if any) the optional Brembo brakes are vs. the standard brakes. TIA

steve6225
05-12-2019, 08:49 PM
I was curious as to how much better (if any) the optional Brembo brakes are vs. the standard brakes. TIA

I know that this is a year old post, but I will answer it for posterity...

My Abarth came with the stock floating calipers and I changed the fronts to the 4 piston Brembos last year. There was a slight improvement, but I didn't notice a big difference with the stock rotors and pads installed. (OEM pads front and rear) I was a bit disappointed.

This year I switched to StopTech drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads front and rear, stainless steel brake hoses, and DOT 4 brake fluid. All I can say is Wow! This made a huge difference in stopping distance. I am amazed at how quickly I can stop this car.

I would say, If you are going to leave everything stock, I would say the Brembos are not worth it, the floating calipers are pretty good.

If your plan is to do a lot of spirited driving or the occasional autocross, the Brembos will be a better place to start with some performance improvements.

It is a lot easier to get the Brembos from the factory then it is to add them later... Trust me.

Of course, your mileage may vary...