PDA

View Full Version : My new 2018 Lounge!

Vibro
05-11-2018, 07:40 PM
We're a 3 Fiat 500 family at this point - My wife has a 2013 500 Sport, I have a 2017 500e, and now this beauty. I got a flat and had it towed to the dealer on the off chance they'd do it for free. Turns out they were out of the tire and gave me a 2017 500x to drive til it was repaired. I INSTANTLY fell in love with this car! I had my wife drive it and she gave her seal of approval. that was Friday, we had the Lounge in the driveway by Sunday. Things I love: The instrument panel layout made sense and is easy to navigate, unlike my experience with the 500s, where I just got used to doing things its way. The size is just right for me. I'm a musician and was able to transport a full PA plus my guitar rig without having to stack anything. The X is the best handling SUV I've ever driven. It handles like a car. (We have a Jeep Sahara and lord help you if you make a sudden steering correction...) And I enjoy the transmission, more than I should after 30 years of driving manuals. It would seem that effort was made to make it sound/feel like a manual when it moves through gears and I appreciate that. And finally the seat is so comfortable! We're selling the sport to my daughter and the e is on lease for another year, at which point I can't see how I'll be able to fend off my wife's demand - The 124 Abarth.... :)

rustbucket
05-11-2018, 08:14 PM
... I can't see how I'll be able to fend off my wife's demand - The 124 Abarth.... :)
I can only wish I had such a problem.... :(

Congrats on the X, she's a beauty (there's something about rosso) and welcome to the forum.

5port
05-11-2018, 09:39 PM
Great post. Great color and those wheels are new for 18 and are nice. Sahara in the backround makes the X look low. Welcome.

Vibro
05-14-2018, 07:21 PM

bryanintowson
05-15-2018, 08:50 AM
che bella macchina!

luckymoi
05-30-2018, 07:58 PM
Congratulations on theX!
I rented one in Spain and loved it but my heart belongs to the 500.
67K miles, 7 yrs of smiles.
Since I'm turning 75, I think it's time for the Abarth.
However the success of the Jeep has delayed the 2018 model start up I read.
Enjoy the X, lots of clever design elements and that delightful shape.

ScottDVC
05-31-2018, 07:05 AM
My partner has a new 17 AWD X and we love it !
$30k car and we picked it up for $23k with all the bells and whistles including the safety package!
Love the leather seats and the car just feels luxurious.
What I donít understand why FCA canít sell them such a nice looking SUVónicer than the Renegade.

ScottDVC