PDA

View Full Version : Removing the Go Pedal for an oil change?

2MS
04-21-2018, 12:30 PM
Q)

Do I need to remove the Go Pedal when I take the Abarth to the dealer for an oil change?

If I leave it on will they notate it in their database? So, if I need to take it in for more extensive work they won't work on it?

BTW - my car still has the extended warranty through the dealer.

Murder after Midnight
04-21-2018, 08:38 PM
Q)

Do I need to remove the Go Pedal when I take the Abarth to the dealer for an oil change?

If I leave it on will they notate it in their database? So, if I need to take it in for more extensive work they won't work on it?

BTW - my car still has the extended warranty through the dealer.

Yes you do.........also the upgraded ecu if you have one.........

Trunkout
04-22-2018, 01:36 PM
ANYTHING beyond stock is opening the doors to warranty denial.

2MS
04-23-2018, 09:28 AM
ANYTHING beyond stock is opening the doors to warranty denial.

Yes you do.........also the upgraded ecu if you have one.........

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.

majora96
07-29-2018, 08:10 PM
I didn't remove my go pedal or ECM because I forgot about it. Something to note though is that they can't void your warranty unless they can prove the aftermarket part caused whatever issue you could have in the future. Assuming your mods are from Madness Autoworks as mine are, I wouldn't worry too much about it because their products seem very reliable and are unlikely to cause a problem.

texanbrit
07-30-2018, 12:15 PM
I didn't remove my go pedal or ECM because I forgot about it. Something to note though is that they can't void your warranty unless they can prove the aftermarket part caused whatever issue you could have in the future. Assuming your mods are from Madness Autoworks as mine are, I wouldn't worry too much about it because their products seem very reliable and are unlikely to cause a problem.

So the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act is there to protect you, but it's intention is not to protect the consumer who is modifying the car with more power. The intent is really to allow you to use un-branded parts so you can go to Autozone instead of the dealer.

They also don't have to "prove it" to make life really difficult for you. If your multi-air unit fails for example, or even your spark-plug seals fail (very common), they can point at your Madness ECU and say you are generating power outside of the manufacturer's specs and deny your warranty claim. Sure you can come back with an attorney and fight it and you might win but you probably won't. That will also take a long time and cost a lot of money.

majora96
07-30-2018, 07:55 PM
I didn't know that, thanks for clearing that up for me.

500MADNESS.com
07-31-2018, 10:05 AM
You should not have any issues with a gopedal installed during an oil change, particularly if you have the plus model tucked away. If it is a concern we would recommend talking to the service center prior to going in.

It is a really simple install so if you prefer the safest route it only takes a couple minutes to remove the GOPedal.

Let us know if you have any questions.