PDA

View Full Version : jack points

stalajkowski
03-03-2018, 02:19 AM
I have a 2013 500e. The rear tire has sidewall damage and I can either remove the wheel to replace tire or have the car towed. Would like to remove tire as towing could be expensive. Saw an earlier post that questions if the jack points for the 500e are the same as for the 500 or if the 500e even has jack points. Didn't see an answer. There is no jack with the car. Can I jack up the 500e? if so, where are the jack points and if it can be jacked does the jack need to have a certain fit. I've seen some photos of a 500 scissors jack that had a slot.

Ruckus
03-03-2018, 11:01 AM
With Abarth there is a solid flat area that I put a 4”x4” wood and place my jack under it. With the 500 jack, there is a area behind the rocker panel that accepts the jack. I would be wary with some of these tow services especially if they are not familiar with our car.
Good luck.

Southernroadrunner
03-03-2018, 11:50 AM
Changing tire on the rear I just jack it up useing. the bottom of the rear spring perch.Yea I know that's not a specific jack point but it works for a tire change.

Ricksuiter
03-04-2018, 12:06 AM
On the lower body there are small protruding arrows which show where the four lift points are. You have to reach back and quite a way up underneath that to find the body pinch weld that you are supposed to lift the car from. It needs a fairly large riser to get even an actual car lifts pad under. I put mine on my friends lift once and it was quite a pain to figure out the right combination of risers and pads to use, but I got it.

You could lift the car with a jack to get the wheel off, but you will probably need a large block of wood or something to get way up underneath the body. Technically there is no provision to get the car on jack stands.