PDA

View Full Version : Crazy lights

Kemish77
02-13-2018, 02:01 PM
I have a 2014 Fiat 500L lounge one of the fog lights stayed on on the drivers side while the low beams were on I replaced all of them with 6000k leds and something crazy happened now my DRL wonít turn on all the other lights work and now the passenger side fog light turns on when the low beams are on both fog lights turn on when I press on the switch but yesterday my brake light stayed on on the passenger side I took out the driver side bulb to see if it was burn out I took it out and replaced it with out being burn out and it went back to working I checked all the fuses everywhere can anyone help Please

streetsurfer
02-13-2018, 04:15 PM
Broken and exposed wires in the loom as it passes through going from the body to the tailgate have been a failrly common occurance in the 500ís but I donít know if it has occurred on the Lís wiring or not. Ground paths and shorts happen that shouldnít and many odd things can happen involving lighting, and hatch lock and latch control.

Fiat500USA
02-13-2018, 06:56 PM
I have a 2014 Fiat 500L lounge one of the fog lights stayed on on the drivers side while the low beams were on I replaced all of them with 6000k leds and something crazy happened now my DRL won’t turn on all the other lights work and now the passenger side fog light turns on when the low beams are on both fog lights turn on when I press on the switch but yesterday my brake light stayed on on the passenger side I took out the driver side bulb to see if it was burn out I took it out and replaced it with out being burn out and it went back to working I checked all the fuses everywhere can anyone help Please

It's a little hard to read what's going on without the punctuation, but what about throwing on your old bulbs and seeing if that makes a difference?

If you can edit your post that will make it easier to read and you may get more responses.

KellyfromVA
02-14-2018, 07:12 AM
Chris is correct. A couple years ago I was experimenting with LED lights for DRL on my wife's 500 Sport. When I plugged an LED into just one side and started the car, neither the LED nor the conventional bulb would light. I put the original bulb back in and everything was fine.

I suspect the Body Control Module (computer that runs things such as the lights), senses electrical resistance, not allowing the lights to work if it detects something amiss. I know there are some LED suppliers that have bulbs with resistors built in which essentially trick a BCM into sensing a LED is a traditional filament bulb. I believe one of the LED suppliers has been a regular participant on this board.

akcapfiat
02-14-2018, 10:46 PM
This might help the OP's cause:

I have a 2014 Fiat 500L lounge. One of the fog lights stayed on, on the drivers side, while the low beams were on.

I replaced all of them with 6000k leds, and something crazy happened.

Now my DRL's won’t turn on. All the other lights work, and now the passenger side fog light turns on when the low beams are on.

Both fog lights turn on when I press on the switch, but yesterday my brake light stayed on, on the passenger side.

I took out the driver side bulb, to see if it was burned out.

I took it out and replaced it, without its being burned out, and it went back to working.

I checked all the fuses, everywhere. Can anyone help, please?