Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

I've been eyeing the t4 from 500madness except for three issues 1- I can't find anyone anywhere that has it to review 2- they don't give enough technical...

Stumped

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fiat_Phil
    • Mar 2016

Stumped

I don't want to sound stupid here so here goes anyway.... where does the airflow come from that goes into the throttle body? I know air goes through the air filter direct into the turbo that goes int toe exhaust ..correct? anyone out there have a printed diagram of the engine showing the air flow from intake to the throttle body? I guess I still am not use to having a turbo love it but don't understand it.

I keep trying to decide on what to do to my Abarth to make it a little more quicker.... tons of advice form all you wonderful people on here and I thank you for that. Still not decided on what to have done to it yet intake, down pipe, ported throttle body, something electronic???but first I would like to know the answer to my question. Other cars I have owned were all NON turbo so it was simple... air flow through a air filter direct into the throttle body mixture to engine and exhaust...... boom simple but with the turbo where does the air go??? are there 2 outlets on the turbo one for hot air to the exhaust and one one for cold air into the throttle body??

Thanks appreciate your help on this...
  • ewflyer
    • Mar 2012

the turbo has two sides that do not share. air goes through the intake to the turbo to the intercoolers to the throttle body. the other side of the turbo takes exhaust gas from the engine and sends it out the exhaust.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
      Amministratore
      • Feb 2011

Fiat 500 Abarth Intake Path

Here's an image to visualize:

The air intake comes from the air filter and enters the fresh air side of the turbo. The compressed air exits the turbo (red path). It splits and goes into the two intercoolers and emerges "blue" or cooler and then travels up and into the throttle body.
      Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
      fiat 500 forum signature
      abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• Fiat_Phil
        • Mar 2016

Now it makes sense thanks so much for the answers.

Comment

• Fiat_Phil
          • Mar 2016

more views

any other views of this engine

Comment

• Ando
            Enthusiastically Slow
            Lifetime Member
            • Nov 2016

Huh... I've seen that image countless times and this is the first time I've noticed that the intercoolers both enter and exit from the bottom. Does this mean they are twice as restrictive as they look or does airflow only go up and there is piping (obscured in that render) to bring the cold charge back down to the bottom of the unit for packaging purposes? I'll have to find some better images/videos of them.

@Fiat_Phil - There are plenty of video explainers of the multi-air engine with cool cutaways and such, search around for them. That is my plan at least.

Comment