Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

2018 Fiat 500 to be Built in Mexico!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fiat500USA
    Amministratore
    • Feb 2011

2018 Fiat 500 to be Built in Mexico!

Just posted on Fiat500USA.com
    We have just confirmed that the new 2018 Fiat 500 for the NAFTA region will be built at the Toluca Mexico plant. This is contrary to media reports saying that production would be shifted to Fiat's Poland plant located in Tychy. The Toluca plant has been the home of the North American Fiat 500 since its debut in 2010. It was widely speculated by the press...

Read more
    Attached Files
    Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
    fiat 500 forum signature
    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com
  • aelfwyne
    • Aug 2014

That goes along with the leaked brochures that showed they were still planning to sell the old body style for the NA market, not the updated European body style.

Essentially they are spending as little as possible to keep Fiat running in NA. Federalizing the European car would cost more than just continuing to slap out the same old design from Toluca.
    2015 Rosso Abarth - MAD FIAT - 5 Speed - Phase 2
    2015 Granito Lucente 500T - Proyecto Estupido (Salvage) - Auto - OFT Stage 1
    2017 Fiat 124 Classica 6MT - WHUT????

Comment

• SportLaserBlu
      • Sep 2016

it's a wise move, i like the classic styling with the updated electronics. the headlights in it now are an upgraded 1200.00 option in the euro models. we are still getting the best. the new motor might increase the value of the non turbos, if the demand is high enough. i remember when the E's hit the market, used ones were 6 to 7 grand, now they in the teens. the keeping the car the same, reminds me of the g wagon. classic
      Last edited by SportLaserBlu; 01-24-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Amacento
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by SportLaserBlu
        it's a wise move... we are still getting the best. the new motor might increase the value of the non turbos, if the demand is high enough...
        It may prove to be a wise move. We don't know what this means yet. What we do know is FCA does not see a strong enough market to refresh the 500 on our shores. This could negatively impact the already meh resale value. We are not "still getting the best". The 595 Abarth is far superior to our A500... power, suspension, materials and styling. The Fiat 500 S likewise is superior to the Fiat 500 Sport.
        http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

“... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy.” - James May

Vivere | Amare | Guidare is the name of the game. Read About The Legend Or Be About The Legend. - ARJR

Comment

• ice445
          • Sep 2016

It basically confirms my suspicions. Production has been on hold while they retooled the plant away from focusing on this car, so whatever tiny production line is now available for this car will probably only do a dozen a day at most. They're just going to trickle them in to meet the low to non existent demand, simply to maintain the 500 in the registry for their CAFE MPG averages. FCA has the lowest of any company so they can't afford to axe this car entirely.
          2013 Fiat 500 Abarth in Grigio - Veruca
          Mod List:
          AAD Shifter
          TurboSmart Wastegate Actuator
          Forge Atmospheric BOV
          Neu-F 28mm Rear Bar
          Vogtland Springs
          Alfa 4C Coils
          Competizione CV2 Wheels
          EC Catch Can

Comment

• rustbucket
            • May 2013

My two cents- it came down to the bottom line ... it was less expensive to keep building the 500 in Mexico in part due to NAFTA- iirc no tariff vs 2.5% if it was built in Poland. 2.5% may not sound like much but in this price sensitive class of cars there's not much profit margin to begin with so every dollar counts. Also, Toluca uses a FMS (Flexible Manufacturing System) which allows different platforms (FIAT 500, Jeep Compass, Dodge Journey/FIAT Freemont) to be produced simultaneously. Shifting production to Poland would be expensive and disruptive; continuing on with the current program is not. And if I'm not mistaken, labor costs are less in Mexico than Poland, a big deal in this class of car.
            2018 FIAT 500 Abarth- manual, 17" wheels, sunroof, perla white tricoat, red leather, bone stock (for now) daily driver

2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn crew cab- 5.7L eTorque Hemi (mild hybrid), 3.92 rear axle, diamond black crystal pearl coat

2021 Harley-Davidson FLHR Road King, billiard red, RDRS

Comment

• Amacento
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by rustbucket
              My two cents- it came down to the bottom line ... it was less expensive to keep building the 500 in Mexico in part due to NAFTA- iirc no tariff vs 2.5% if it was built in Poland. 2.5% may not sound like much but in this price sensitive class of cars there's not much profit margin to begin with so every dollar counts. Also, Toluca uses a FMS (Flexible Manufacturing System) which allows different platforms (FIAT 500, Jeep Compass, Dodge Journey/FIAT Freemont) to be produced simultaneously. Shifting production to Poland would be expensive and disruptive; continuing on with the current program is not. And if I'm not mistaken, labor costs are less in Mexico than Poland, a big deal in this class of car.
              Yes... and... the points ice445 and I made are also bottom line metrics included in your scenario.
              http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

“... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy.” - James May

Vivere | Amare | Guidare is the name of the game. Read About The Legend Or Be About The Legend. - ARJR

Comment

• Tramonto
                Lifetime Member
                • Sep 2017

Here is where FCA could learn a trick from Hyundai. What they do is upgrade many of the options, electronics, some suspension and some interior. This keeps the car fresh and allows them to move the new things over to the next generation. (if it aint broke dont fix it). They also concentrate on feeling in the holes where their line up has not got a fit. Another tactic that they have used (Veloster is example as of late) is to discontinue and then bring back yet teasing the whole time about the new one. This keeps the name in front of the potential buyer. I also think that the 595 should be brought over, but not as a standard Abarth but as an up scale with a twist on the name. That way there are two options. Bringing both the 595 and their Pick Up are two fast options that they could do with out breaking the bank. With so many trying to come back into the "midsize" Pick Up line Fiat is setting on a gold mine. Just my stink'n think'n.
                PRESENT Italian marquis
                2015 FIAT 500L (RIVA Tribute)
                ….. Looking at the 695 Revale for inspiration…..
                1997 Alfa Romeo 916 Spider - Cuore Sportivo edition
                PAST Italian marquis
                2015 Abarth Cabrio (695 Edizione Maserati Tribute)
                …..THANK YOU for voting me CAR OF YR 2021…..
                2015 FIAT 500 Sport
                1989 TC by Maserati (yes it’s a Maserati but sold by Chrysler)

Comment

• MJAB
                  • Jul 2015

There is also the fact that U.S. dollar is weaker than, for example, one year ago vs. Euro was about 1.06 / 1.07 now is over 1.2, vs. Poland Zloty one year ago was about 0.24 / 0.25 and nowdays is more than 0.29 / 0.30.

Comment