PDA

View Full Version : Warranty and Maintenance Q

Thad
03-22-2011, 11:13 PM
I received zero info about both from my dealer. I'm especially interested in what maintenance items are covered. Does Chris have a link to this stuff somewhere?

Alvon Elrod
03-22-2011, 11:17 PM
The DVD gives a rundown of required maintenance for the first 3 years (and thereafter). Supposedly, all those items in the first 3 years are covered. I'm trying to get a printed copy of the DVD from Fiat, but like the distribution of the PE's they are not organized with any of that info at this point.

Alvon

Fiat500USA
03-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi Thad, here's a little preliminary info on the warranty. This was as of Nov-Dec.
-Chris

<nabble_img src="Fiat500USA-Fiat_Warranty_Info_Preliminary.jpg" border="0"/>

<a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bIGAknPIRNcgF8QdbAC-eA?feat=directlink">Link to fullsize image</a>

Gavin
03-23-2011, 10:40 AM
If the service intervals are 8k, I might never get a scheduled service :)

In the manual it mentions 8k or every 6 months, whichever comes first...so I take it we will get 6 free oil changes...

but I could be wrong.

Gavin

SeaDawg
03-25-2011, 12:36 PM
It suprises and irks me that the European 500 Owner's Manual states the car from the factory has SYNTHETIC oil and recommended changes are 30,000 Km or 18,000 Mi or 1 year whichever comes first. I suspect we (US) are NOT getting synthetic oil and the 6 month/8,000 Mi interval sort of confirms that. This was for the 1.4 ltr MultiAir European engine. The MB 300C that I leased a few years ago came with synthetic oil and the change interval was 13,000 miles or 1 year whichever came 1st.

Also, I wish Fiat would make a pdf version of the US Owner's Manual available on its website. I could at least educate myself while waiting for the local dealership to finish its studio and open for business.

At least they do have a demo (Rame Sport) and you can see/drive it by calling ahead to the local Mini dealer (Fields). 8^)