PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to DI Corse

Robert Zecca
12-22-2017, 12:13 PM
I would like to welcome you to DI Corse and thank you for visiting our post. Even though we are new to the Fiat world as a company we are not new to Fiats, Abarths or Lancia. Back in 1972 I bought my first car......a 1971 Fiat 124 Sports Coupe. I went on to be a Fiat and Lancia salesperson and since owned about every Fiat or Lancia you can think of. In 1977 I started a repair shop specializing in repairing Fiats. Back in the eighties I raced a Fiat 128SL Sports coupe in SCCA. Fast forward until today. For the past 34 years I have operated Driving Impressions located in Dover NJ. We specialize in the sales of auto racing safety equipment. We started the company in 1983 and in 1985 we were one of the first companies in the US to offer Sparco which at the time was an unknown. In 1987 we became importer for OMP of Italy for over 17 years. At the same time we imported many other brands of Italian safety equipment. My love for Italian products never changed. At the same time I bought a 1984 Ferrari 308GTSi, a 1991 Lancia Delta Integrale and 3 Fiat Abarths including Mefistofele which is one of the fastest road going Fiats in the world. During this time I have visited companies in Italy about 25 times. As you can tell by now I love Italian cars and Italian products. My love for Fiats......Abarths in particular never changed. When they came back in America I decided it was time to buy one and my dream was to race one and this is what I am doing now at age 63. I believed in Italian products for these cars. I love products designed and Made in Italy. During the past few years I have vistited every major company that builds products for our cars including DNA Racing Components, Prometeo, Seletron, Motorquality and this past May I even visited with Abarth in Torino and met Mrs. Anneliese Abarth. This past year I was instrumental in starting the NJ Chapter of FCA because I love these cars and I love the people.

For 2018 we plan on racing our Fiat Abarth 500 in the AER series to prove what these cars are capable of. In the coming years I will be growing our Fiat business which will include the repairs of old and new Fiats including the sales of aftermarket modifications. I prefer to offer Italian products since I have seen what works best in Italy and met with the owners of these companies of whom I consider some of the best in the industry. There are many great companies presently in this business and I realize we are very late to the party but if you would like to meet a guy who is in love with Italian brands, cars and especially Fiats I would urge you to come visit us at our Dover NJ location. We stock and sell DNA, Seletron and other products for your cars. You will find the mecca of motorsports and some of the coolest cars on the planet. You will even find a Simcraft driving simulator and soon to be delivered a Bapro dyno from Italy. Our location is Driving Impressions 85 Franklin Road Suite 5B Dover NJ 07801 Our number is 973-361-0508 www.teamdi.com (http://www.teamdi.com) You can reach me at: bob@teamdi.com