PDA

View Full Version : Got my pop all sealed up for winter.

Burkett1983
10-21-2017, 07:12 PM
Got my pop sealed up for winter today. Snowshoes go on next week. Looking forward to spring as I'm going to put my lounge wheels on and retire the split 5 spokes to winter duty.

SportLaserBlu
10-26-2017, 01:44 AM
i do the steelies with hubcaps, easier to clean in the winter. i also apply ammo mud in the fender wells and clean up the area. ammo makes a good wheel gel, i put it on once in the spring, brake dust is very minimal.

Burkett1983
10-26-2017, 01:12 PM
i do the steelies with hubcaps, easier to clean in the winter. i also apply ammo mud in the fender wells and clean up the area. ammo makes a good wheel gel, i put it on once in the spring, brake dust is very minimal.

I would like to give Ammo products a try but they are a bit steep for me. I use chemical guys products currently.

Klasse Act
10-26-2017, 05:18 PM
Lots of better products for sealants than CG's IMO. They make great wheel cleaners like sticky citrus and diablo for isntance. If you want a great product that will last through any winter look no further than Collinite #476. It comes in an old school metal tin, smells like wax used to smell and is very easy to apply and remove. You can apply a thin coat and I do mean THIN coat to the entire car and then remove it. FWIW, if you go this route, wait 1 day and apply a 2nd coat to ensure proper coverage and you'll be very happy, do the glass too!

Burkett1983
10-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Thank you for the information I have a small obsession with trying out new products. For this winter I just clayed and used jetseal. It's never too soon to start planning on spring!

Burkett1983
10-31-2017, 03:48 PM
Lots of better products for sealants than CG's IMO. They make great wheel cleaners like sticky citrus and diablo for isntance. If you want a great product that will last through any winter look no further than Collinite #476. It comes in an old school metal tin, smells like wax used to smell and is very easy to apply and remove. You can apply a thin coat and I do mean THIN coat to the entire car and then remove it. FWIW, if you go this route, wait 1 day and apply a 2nd coat to ensure proper coverage and you'll be very happy, do the glass too!

do you have any recommendations for summer time?