PDA

View Full Version : FCA Recall# T19

WileyCoyote
10-18-2017, 02:45 PM
Sorry if this has been addressed in another post...

FCA Recall # T19 (https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/T19.pdf)

NHTSA Recall #
17V-192

Safety Defect/Non Compliance Description and Safety Risk
INCORRECT POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE SOFTWARE CALIBRATION COULD LIMIT THE ENGINE TO ONLY IDLE SPEED AND TORQUE EVEN IF THE THROTTLE IS FULLY DEPRESSED. DIMINISHED ABILITY TO ACCELERATE OR MAINTAIN VEHICLE SPEED MAY RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.

Repair Description
REPROGRAM THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE WITH NEW SOFTWARE.

Was anyone else affected by this recall? If so what (if any) symptoms did your L have that were corrected by the reprogram?

I’m experiencing normal boost (up to 21psi) that will (with no reoccurring conditions) drop out and restrict to less than 6psi. I have been told it could be a sticky wastegate however to fix it all I need to do is shut off the car and turn it back on (instantly) and it’s fixed. I’m hoping that it’s the PCM mentioned in the recall and this will fix the issue thoughts?

Thanks

islander
10-18-2017, 04:28 PM
I think it was discussed in one of these forums back in March or earlier. Checking the Mopar recalls page (https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls.html) shows I had mine done in late March. It never hurts to mention these things more than once though.

WileyCoyote
10-27-2017, 06:40 PM
I did a brief research on the older posts and only really found one that said “The reprogram fixed his issues. Not sure what issues he was experiencing but it doesn’t matter as I had the recall done.

However I think I figured out why it was seemingly so sporadic. The recall stated the reduced engine speed and/or torque was caused by fully depressing the gas pedal. Initially I didn’t think that was causing it as it would trip when the pedal wasn’t fully depressed. However then I realized that my GoPedal alters the signal from the pedal to the car potentially telling the car the pedal is more depressed that it is. With that in mind, I screen grabbed (Dash command) the parameters of the last time it tripped. Sure enough the physical pedal wasn’t fully depressed but the signal the car received showed 100% pedal depression. A HA!!! So we’re still in a trial phase but I have been driving it hard and so far so good.