PDA

View Full Version : FCA “cares”...their steps to n

WileyCoyote
09-02-2017, 12:39 PM
... if you drive a Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram; not a Fiat.

I need to preface this with the info that this will be a big rant post, with some merit.

So here it goes:

I haven’t had the time or ability to take my 2014 Fiat 500L in for the March 17, 2017 recall (FCA# T19) so yesterday, I go through the Mopar Recall page. Punch in my VIN. Then using the navigation in the recalls pane, I search for a dealer. The closest one had an appointment available the next day (so today) at 7 am. When I get there (dealer will remain nameless for now) I have to wait for the service advisor to check me in and of course they’re “short handed” like they always seem to be. So I wait the 25 mins till someone gets to me. I tell the guy my issue and he proceeds to tell me that “as of yesterday” (Bull****) they no longer do warranty work on Fiats because they don’t get reimbursed. I get the not being reimbursed so no longer doing it, but then he proceeds to tell me he saw my appointment come in yesterday and contacted his online rep to remove them from the Fiat list. Let’s back up he saw my appointment yesterday and knew it couldn’t be done and didn’t think it necessary to call me? What a jerk move. So now I have to call around to the other so called “Mopar Service” locations and not one of them could tell me over the phone is they could do the service. So I had to call a dedicated Fiat Studio (over 60 mile drive) and the service advisor isn’t in and he’ll have to call me back when he gets in. So the only studio doesn’t have an advisor who’s in.

So at what point is Fiat gonna take responsibility for this safety issue they’ve discovered? Any additional miles that I drive now after I’ve followed their steps to get it fixed with no avail is on them for a safety issue.

Robert Nixon
09-02-2017, 02:58 PM
That totally stinks. I'd have to escalate this as high as possible within FIAT, FCA, FIAT Cares, etc and point out that they accepted the appointment but then switched their rules. Sounds like they owe you the recall. To not do so might violate some law as far as I know, but I'm not in the industry.

Southernroadrunner
09-02-2017, 03:08 PM
I could be wrong but in past posts on recall complaints and such, most people seem to be on the West coast. If my call on this is wrong disreguard, but it sure seems there are a lot of complaints from members on that side of the US. Wonder why.

KellyfromVA
09-02-2017, 08:02 PM
... if you drive a Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram; not a Fiat.

I need to preface this with the info that this will be a big rant post, with some merit.

So here it goes:

So at what point is Fiat gonna take responsibility for this safety issue they’ve discovered? Any additional miles that I drive now after I’ve followed their steps to get it fixed with no avail is on them for a safety issue.

This sort of thing is becoming all too common for Fiat. Fiat's reputation continues to take a rightful beating because of their piss poor service network. As we've seen on this site alone, people love the cars until they need warranty or dealer service. The love quickly becomes disgust and regret.

I recall over a year ago there was a memo from FCA claiming they were going to fix the Fiat service departments, supposedly by combining them with Chrysler service departments. Did that ever happen? Not that I've seen here in the East. The question remains; how is FCA expecting to sell Fiat's, let alone Alfa Romeo's at premium prices with few trained technicians or service departments??

You should have your head examined if you spend 40-$80,000 on a 4C, Gulia or their new SUV with no factory support.

Tweak
09-02-2017, 08:33 PM
This sort of thing is becoming all too common for Fiat. Fiat's reputation continues to take a rightful beating because of their piss poor service network. As we've seen on this site alone, people love the cars until they need warranty or dealer service. The love quickly becomes disgust and regret.

I recall over a year ago there was a memo from FCA claiming they were going to fix the Fiat service departments, supposedly by combining them with Chrysler service departments. Did that ever happen? Not that I've seen here in the East. The question remains; how is FCA expecting to sell Fiat's, let alone Alfa Romeo's at premium prices with few trained technicians or service departments??

You should have your head examined if you spend 40-$80,000 on a 4C, Gulia or their new SUV with no factory support.

In Fayetteville NC the Fiat repairs happen next door at the Chrysler Jeep shop and it is not great but not terrible in some ways. Long waits, no calls, loose parts. Nothing too critical but still.

In Raleigh NC they fix Fiats next door at the Dodge dealer and it is or for me was in some ways not so great either. Did get free paint repair and part installation so that was great but car was filthy and screws that were forgot resulted in damaged parts. Granted they replace the damaged parts but when asked if the screws were also placed as not to damage the same part again I was assured all was fine. It wasn't... same screws still missing so I got and replaced myself.

Neither place ever calls and both take a long time to get things done.

Sales in both are great but service doesn't inspire confidence in many if any at all sadly.

Trunkout
09-02-2017, 08:44 PM
Here in the Kansas City metro (it's huge, Google it) there is ONE Fiat dealer.
Service is done by ONE dude in his one bay. He is good. But he is inside a Lincoln/Mercury dealer next door.
When I extend my warranty it just can't be with Fiat. ONE dude at ONE place. Damn... I really love my Abarth too...