PDA

View Full Version : Just Noticed the Kansas Department of Tourism shared one of my pictures

Lil Blue
08-25-2017, 04:48 AM
Just noticed a post on my instagram account from the tourism department of Kansas that they liked this picture enough to "feature" it (along with a lot of others) on their byways section. Just have to keep clicking "more" a bit and scrolling down. It's there. It was from August 11th when Lori and I were cruising the Flint HIlls enjoying a perfect day and hitting various antique/consignment stores for older Hot Wheels/Lesneys-Matchboxes. https://www.instagram.com/p/BXqb49gnTko/?taken-by=abarth_cabrio_driver 27956

my67falcon
08-25-2017, 05:20 AM
Well that's pretty damn cool.

Robert Nixon
08-25-2017, 09:40 PM
That's nice that they used your photo...but the copyright side of my brain has to point out that it looks like they didn't have permission first. I don't know what Instagram's policy is on that, but of course in the real world not everyone is happy to have their "work" of either photo, art, drawings, music, poems, etc, and could defend their rights as in sue someone who used their photo without permission.

Lil Blue
08-26-2017, 05:32 AM
Not that worried about it. If I was concerned...I could have "water marked" it as the amateur and professional photographers do, or made some comment about <you can't share without consent from me>...or something along those lines...or not shared it at all. I was just sharing a moment during a good day with my wife, which for a while now (because of my father's death, having to put my dog down,and other things)....we haven't had to many of.