PDA

View Full Version : Weathertech accessories

Ricksuiter
08-03-2017, 01:11 AM
Has anyone tried the Weathertech front windshield shade and/or front floor mats? They list them specifically as not for the 500e. I have a friend with a gas 500 and looked at it for a few minutes. The rear floor is definitely quite a bit higher so those wouldn't fit, but the front has the exact same shape carpet floor mat.

The windshield appears to be close. The biggest difference is the black area around the rear view mirror is a little wider for the telemetry antenna.

If no one can say a firm yes or no I may try them to see if they fit close enough. I'm contemplating a rear seat delete anyway.

Robert Nixon
08-03-2017, 12:33 PM
I haven't bought any of their stuff for the FIAT, but the floor mats for our Camry are great. Weather Tech advertises very heavily in car magazines on a regular basis, and I've driven by their plant near Joliet Illinois, so my impression is that they are very good at what they do.

Ricksuiter
08-04-2017, 02:41 AM
I've had Weathertech floor mats in several vehicles. I put heel holes in carpet floor mats after about a year so it saves the carpet. The 500e was specifically listed as not compatible with the standard 500 mats, but now their web page seems to show the front mats will fit.

I'm buying a set.

FoxChaser
08-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Does anyone have Weathertech mats for the rear seats? I know that they have them for the fronts, but really could use them for the rear as well (soccer-playing kiddos). Thanks!

Klasse Act
08-09-2017, 06:31 PM
I've had my WT's since my car was new, going on 3.5 years now and they've been GREAT! Recently they released a cleaner and protectant for these mats and its a miracle in a bottle! The cleaner does a great job and the protectant DOES NOT make them slippery yet makes them look brand new and protected. I bought these products in a kit that came with a couple nice micro fiber towels and a great brush for cleaning them, I can't endorse this package enough to anyone with WT's as its a Godsend!

FoxChaser
08-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Klasse Act, what model are your mats for? WeatherTech only has front mats listed on their site. We love them in our other car!

SVAGO 1
08-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Does anyone have Weathertech mats for the rear seats? I know that they have them for the fronts, but really could use them for the rear as well (soccer-playing kiddos). Thanks!

I do. I bought a full set the week I bought my car. The fronts fit perfectly, and are awesome. I pull them out whenever I wash my car and clean them, leave them sit out to dry while I wash the car and then put them back in looking brand new.

The back seat liners do not fit anywhere near as snuggly as the fronts. Partly because the back seat comes as one unit with a "flap" connecting the two sides. While I understand why they put that there (to protect the carpet between the seats), it makes them not fit as tightly. For me it is no big deal, as my daughter has sat in the back seat for less than 100 miles of the 13,000 I have put on the car. I would buy them again as they do protect the carpet, but know that they are not as good as the fronts, which are fantastic!

Tweak
08-10-2017, 12:25 PM
I do. I bought a full set the week I bought my car. The fronts fit perfectly, and are awesome. I pull them out whenever I wash my car and clean them, leave them sit out to dry while I wash the car and then put them back in looking brand new.

The back seat liners do not fit anywhere near as snuggly as the fronts. Partly because the back seat comes as one unit with a "flap" connecting the two sides. While I understand why they put that there (to protect the carpet between the seats), it makes them not fit as tightly. For me it is no big deal, as my daughter has sat in the back seat for less than 100 miles of the 13,000 I have put on the car. I would buy them again as they do protect the carpet, but know that they are not as good as the fronts, which are fantastic!

You have a Sport and this is a question on fitting into the 500e though I believe.

Ricksuiter
09-05-2017, 02:10 AM

I forgot to follow up that they fit perfectly.