PDA

View Full Version : Fiat's email about our seats

Minuszka
01-24-2011, 09:33 PM
I assume all of us just received an email "from Laura" about the PE seats.
Nice gesture and good looking seats. It' is good to get updates time to time. The logo looks great.
I anticipate a bit of discussion though about the way the top and lower right photos look. I wonder if those two photos are about the same seats? Don't all PEs get the same seats? If so, there is a considerable difference between how the top insert looks. One like a black and the other like bright grey. If it's the same seat, it must be the flash on the bottom photo that makes the seat surface look so bright.

Vlad92
01-24-2011, 09:35 PM
I got mine as well... here's the picture for our discussion:

http://fiat-500-usa-forum-archives.965414.n3.nabble.com/file/n2325821/Prima_Edizione_Seats.jpg

sketch
01-24-2011, 09:54 PM
i'm sure it's just a difference in the lighting. so excited to see where i'm going to be sitting for the next few years... or decades! :D

Vlad92
01-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Funny... I pulled out the email from Nov. 17 which lists the options and it says the Prima will feature "Custom Grey & Black Cloth Seats with Accent Stitching". These pictures look like leather to me. Makes you wonder what other features have changed.

jdjefferson
01-24-2011, 10:16 PM
- deleted -

sketch
01-24-2011, 11:11 PM
"Seatback" refers to the entire portion of the seat which supports your back. That's definitely the pictured badge on the front of the seatback.

http://gyazo.com/85a01a849d82be00172b90a26be2d93d.png

Also, that image you linked seems to be for the Canadian Prima Edizione. I understand there are 500 going to Canada and 500 going to the States. Your link claims a starting price of $19,000 compared with the $19,500 of the US model. Also, your image does not mention the BOSE™ premium sound system, which is included in the US version, and mentions a couple things (the USB stick and fob case, for example) that were not mentioned on the similar listing for the US version.

Gavin
01-24-2011, 11:53 PM
I wish they were leather, but that appears to be the non leather seats of the sport model...
http://fiat-500-usa-forum-archives.965414.n3.nabble.com/file/n2326439/fiat_500_rear_seats.jpg

Still very nice...gah, every time I think about canceling my PE (because I really like the Lounge model best and because I think about waiting for the EV model) well fiat sucks me back in...

Grrrrrrrrr...like the sports suspension and 16 inch wheels of the sport.
Like the fixed glass roof and white upper insides of the Lounge.

Hopefully more photos to come will help make up my mind...

Gavin

sam500
01-25-2011, 12:03 AM
They actually look surprisingly similar to the ones on the 500 sport at the preview event, meaning that it was leather on cloth (most of the seat was leather, the ridged "light grey" part was cloth). The grain around the PE logo definitely suggests leather.

Fingers crossed!

Gavin
01-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Sam...I will quite happy to be wrong...would be a very nice surprise if they are Leather... :)

They do look like they could be....and if the sport model had leather in the models you saw, well that would be sweet for us.

Gavin

sketch
01-25-2011, 12:16 AM
jdjefferson: Haha, not bothered, just trying to get the facts straight :)

Gavin: I think there's no question that the part on the seat surrounding the emblem is leather, just like the sport model's seats. The Prima Edizione is based on the Sport, after all.

For my money, I think this combination of leather and cloth is the best of both worlds. All the bits that get nastiest in the summer are cloth! \o/

I think your dilemma can best be answered by which transmission you want. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd think this is one of the biggest criteria, considering the Prima Edizione is only available in manual and the Lounge only in automatic. Hope I made your decision easier and not more complicated :P

Gavin
01-25-2011, 01:19 AM
Actually the Sport model, at least in the US, comes with Sport Cloth/Vinyl Bucket Seats. Leather isn't an option (at this time).

Now they can make Vinyl look a lot like Leather...but I'm hoping the PE editions get an upgrade to leather....

Gavin

http://fiat-500-usa-forum-archives.965414.n3.nabble.com/file/n2326759/cloth.png

this is the sports version interior from the Fiat 500 website...the top is Vinyl, the lower is Cloth.

sam500
01-25-2011, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I definitely also saw these (the sport cloth) and remember noticing the difference, but I can pretty much assure you (unless I'm going crazy) that I saw a couple of sport pre-production models with leather. Not sure if they intend to have it as an option for everyone, but they very very very much remind me of the pictures we just got for the PE!

http://fiat-500-usa-forum-archives.965414.n3.nabble.com/file/n2326833/IMG_0475.jpg

sketch
01-25-2011, 01:52 AM
That's really interesting. Good sleuthing, I hope you're right!

Prima 109
01-25-2011, 03:41 AM
I got my e mail. Awesome! I hope she & Fiat keep us updated on the production of our cars, and possibly a vid that will come with the cars when we take delivery.

Craig

Fiat500USA
01-25-2011, 03:42 AM
Great work guys! I'm out of town on business;) and just got into my room. I think the pics changing the color.

Things are starting to happen and I can't wait for the next update.

Gavin
01-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Next image from fiat should be:

The "Graphite Instrument Panel Bezel".

One question some have is of the Dash on the PE...

I assume the red PE will get a red dash, the white, white, the gray, gray....and have a small outline of the instrument panel be "Graphite"...but some here wonder if the whole panel is Graphite....

A photo of that would be appreciated as it will be one other aspect of the car that is different than the standard Sport model.

and that photo would also show the "numbered badge on the panel" which would be a bonus.

Gavin

sketch
01-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm about 99% sure the center plastic bit is body-colour on every 500. The "graphite" bezel refers to the rest of the dash—the steering wheel, instrument cluster shade, &c.—which can be white on the Pop and Lounge and, on the Pop and in the Lounge's Luxury Package, matches the top of the seats.

I hope I'm not wrong, anyway. It seems to make sense, since the Sport is only available with a dark interior.

sam500
01-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Let's hope you're right!! The matching dash/body is one of my favorite features of the 500, and I would hate to sacrifice that for a PE badge!!

Gavin
01-27-2011, 04:10 PM
yeah, no way do they mess with the matching colored dash...

i've always thought of the bezel as a thin outline of graphite/carbon mesh type that goes around the radio or auto air or something like that...

http://fiat-500-usa-forum-archives.965414.n3.nabble.com/file/n2363783/IMG_3600.jpg
but not sure where or how much...

Gavin

Giallo Edizione
01-27-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm not so sure we'll see body color panel. This interior shot from Chris's blog:

http://fiat500usa.blogspot.com/2011/01/first-view-of-2012-fiat-500-prima.html

Now this could be concept interior, could be from the grey car, who knows. All graphite....I share your concern. But, absent some integration with the airbag system, perhaps the panel(s) could be replaced with other colored panels ordered from FIAT parts.

Sorry, don't know how to post a picture in email on this forum yet. Maybe somebody can follow my link and post that interior picture.

sam500
01-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Not sure how thin it will be, or exactly how it will look, but I could definitely see graphite in a few places. Maybe around the AC controls, or the radio like you say, or around the front cover that houses the speedo, or maybe even around the steering wheel controls as in some models of the abarth...

http://fiat-500-usa-forum-archives.965414.n3.nabble.com/file/n2363829/fiat-500-abarth-open-1-2_1600x0w.jpg

kudos to topspeed.com for the pic!

sketch
01-27-2011, 04:38 PM
I was hoping that was from the grey car, but you do have a point. I'd really prefer that to be body-colour, but that's more in line with the definition of "bezel" with which I'm familiar, and that's definitely "graphite".

Hm. It's not gonna turn me off the Prima Edizione, but it is curious.

sam500, I wouldn't call that "graphite", around the Abarth controls. That's far too light—think of the business bit of a pencil :)

Gavin
01-27-2011, 05:43 PM
no, I think that shiny around stuff will be the bezel...

http://fiat-500-usa-forum-archives.965414.n3.nabble.com/file/n2364172/Prima_Edizione_Interior.jpg
(from fiat500usa.com)

that is the grey with shiny bezel material in drawing form....

maybe....

a good reason for this to be the next sneak photo from fiat :)

Gavin

Giallo Edizione
01-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Like a nice letter from the FIAT lady with a picture:

"I know you are as excited as me, so we just got this graphite bezel part in and wanted you to see it as soon as we did..."

sketch
01-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Indeed, today has taught me that I actually have no idea what a bezel is! Apparently it refers to the plastic face of a computer CD drive, the part surrounding the screen on a television or monitor, or perhaps the aluminum bit surrounding the screen on the iPhone 3G/3Gs. So... it could mean anything...

I really hope it's what I think Gavin is referring to, unless I read it wrong: those chrome bits surrounding the buttons and gearshift? I don't know. "Bezel" in the jewelry world refers to the metal band which holds a gemstone in place, which would make sense referring to the chrome bits. It's also used to describe the rotatable rims that certain watches have.

I have a feeling (and I'm crossing my fingers hoping I'm right) that, in the same sense, the bezel refers to the surrounding dash area, which encompasses and holds in the body-colored center panel. I really really want this to be the case. Every Cinquecento I've seen has a dash panel matching the exterior paint, so hopefully that's it. And graphite is a very dark grey color, so it would be in line with the preview image and indeed with all the Sport models I have seen.

sam500
01-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Sketch, i understand that that's not graphite :) I was just merely using the pic to illustrate the area where the bezel could be on a steering wheel. As far as I understand, bezel simply refers to the surface surrounding a given part, or a "retaining outer rim" of say a dash, a headlight, or an instrument panel. So I think I'm being a bit optimistic in hoping that bezel and dash mean different things, since for me a graphite dash might be what keeps me from getting the PE. Maybe not.

Now, I would like to point out that on the email we received a while back it says "Graphite Instrument Panel Bezel" while in the canadian Prima Edizione Speciale list of features it says "Liquid Graphite Painted Instrument Panel." I'm not sure exactly what this means, but my guess is they are talking about the same thing.

sketch
01-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Haha, my bad :P

Oh man, you know what I've just thought of? Maybe by "instrument panel" they're referring to what I've typically heard called the instrument <I>cluster</I>. So maybe they've painted the bit that surrounds the gauges, which I'm totally fine with.

Fiat500USA
01-28-2011, 04:36 AM
author="TopoRosso"
I'm not so sure we'll see body color panel. This interior shot from Chris's blog:

http://fiat500usa.blogspot.com/2011/01/first-view-of-2012-fiat-500-prima.html

Now this could be concept interior, could be from the grey car, who knows. All graphite....I share your concern. But, absent some integration with the airbag system, perhaps the panel(s) could be replaced with other colored panels ordered from FIAT parts.

Sorry, don't know how to post a picture in email on this forum yet. Maybe somebody can follow my link and post that interior picture.

Here you go:
http://fiat-500-usa-forum-archives.965414.n3.nabble.com/file/n2364172/Prima_Edizione_Interior.jpg

Fiat500USA
01-28-2011, 04:42 AM
They are dying to get another picture to us but there is the usual legal "crap" (sorry, but in this case it's appropriate) that is driving them crazy!

I've seen it and the seats are as described, black and charcoal.

sjmst
01-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Somewhere I read (maybe in this blog) that the dashboard will be body color just like all the other 500's.
The graphite refers to other bits.

Gavin
01-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Strange that "Legal" would hold up a dashboard photo of a car about to ship...but then "legal" can be like that I guess. It's not like it is a brand new car...just a slight variation of a car already on the internets and nice photos from places like Golling.com

Hopefully soon. Mostly just cuz we like getting emails from Laura. :)

Gavin

Fiat500USA
01-28-2011, 01:11 PM
rights to the picture, who's in the picture, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., <i>infinitum</i>

I didn't think about this but it is very frustrating to them and it is something they are working on fixing.

Fiat500USA
01-28-2011, 01:15 PM
That is something I forgot to ask about (!). Man, I'm kicking myself! I just sent that question in, so hopefully we'll hear an answer.<quote author="sjmst">
Somewhere I read (maybe in this blog) that the dashboard will be body color just like all the other 500's.

sjmst wrote

Giallo Edizione
01-28-2011, 01:22 PM
author="Fiat500USA">
rights to the picture, who's in the picture, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., <i>infinitum</i>

I didn't think about this but it is very frustrating to them and it is something they are working on fixing.

Hmm, maybe we need to put a call into Julian Assange. http://n3.nabble.com/images/smiley/smiley_scared.gif

sjmst
01-28-2011, 04:15 PM
I guess we all know this, but the very first cars to be sold, our PE's, have had NO, none, nada pics published.
Only a photosshop of the whole car, and an actual pic of the seat! Ironic.

sam500
01-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Sam: I hate to say it, but I can kind of understand why. The P.E are special edition cars, being customized and tailored to be something unique within the 500 family. Details on (production) cars like these are usually kept secret for legal, marketing, bureaucratic, and all sorts of other reasons, until they are ready for a full release. We've been thrown a few (tiny, digitally manufactured) bones, but nothing particularly substantial. I'm guessing soon we'll get far much more information, pictures, and details, since they are now in production!

That said, I, like many others here, am dying to see what the car looks like. Not just computer generated images, but actual pictures, delivery timetables, and details!! Anything that can answer the million questions we have about the car!

sjmst
01-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Yes, I understand. But, at 52 I'm like a kid who can't wait 'till Christmas morning!

sketch
01-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Sometimes I wish I could just forget about the car until the day it shows up... not gonna happen, though! <smiley image='smiley_thinking.gif'/>

sjmst
02-05-2011, 11:57 PM
author="sketch">
Haha, my bad :P

Oh man, you know what I've just thought of? Maybe by "instrument panel" they're referring to what I've typically heard called the instrument <I>cluster</I>. So maybe they've painted the bit that surrounds the gauges, which I'm totally fine with.

I really think that is the case.

If you look at the illustration below, note that the door jamb matches the dash; both grey.
So, another clue that we will have matching dashes, like all the other 500s.

Wow, look what I am reduced to.."reading tea leaves"!
http://fiat-500-usa-forum-archives.965414.n3.nabble.com/file/n2435417/Prima_Edizione_Interior.jpg