PDA

View Full Version : Site Migrating

Fiat500USA
06-29-2017, 11:26 AM
Just want to let everyone know tomorrow morning we will be switching the site to a new hosting company, so we'll be down for a little bit. This should give a nice upgrade in performance to the site, as well as stability, security and other back end enhancements. We appreciate your patience while this happens.

We are going to Liquid Web (https://www.liquidweb.com/about/featured-clients/), the same place that takes care of Audi, FedEx, Home Depot, American Airlines and a slew of other companies. We'll be in good hands.

Fiat500USA
06-30-2017, 09:06 AM
Just a heads up. Today we will be migrating the site to a new server, so we will be down for a little bit. I appreciate everyone's patience while this happens. While you are waiting, visit Fiat500USA.com and poke around. Thanks!
Chris

Fiat500USA
06-30-2017, 11:57 AM
Site is up, but we are still tweaking it. Let me know if you have any issues. Thanks again!

EliRider
06-30-2017, 12:31 PM
Thank you Chris for your fantastic support on this forum!

Fiat500USA
06-30-2017, 12:33 PM
Thank you Chris for your fantastic support on this forum!

Thanks Ed! beerchug

Andree
06-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Site is up, but we are still tweaking it. Let me know if you have any issues. Thanks again!

Whoa! I missed the downtime. And I had some problems previously getting the site to load.

NOW it loads so fast that it couldn't possibly load any faster.

If it could load faster, it would be reading my mind and going to the page without clicking on anything.

Well done!

Fiat500USA
06-30-2017, 11:21 PM
Whoa! I missed the downtime. And I had some problems previously getting the site to load.

NOW it loads so fast that it couldn't possibly load any faster.

If it could load faster, it would be reading my mind and going to the page without clicking on anything.

Well done!

Glad to hear and thank you for the feedback!

pr0d1gy9
07-01-2017, 01:21 AM
Everything is definitely much quicker from my end. Thanks for everything you do and keeping this awesome place going!

Southernroadrunner
07-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Good job Mr Chris absolutely alot quicker working.

Fiat500USA
07-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Everything is definitely much quicker from my end. Thanks for everything you do and keeping this awesome place going!

Good job Mr Chris absolutely alot quicker working.

Thanks for the feedback and the kind words! Glad to have y'all here. Much appreciate!

Tweak
07-02-2017, 11:33 PM
What they said. SO MUCH faster, everything is instant now. Loving it, great choice and change Chris.

Fiat500USA
07-03-2017, 11:23 PM
What they said. SO MUCH faster, everything is instant now. Loving it, great choice and change Chris.

Thanks James! I thought it was faster, too, but I wanted to check if it was just my wishful thinking! Glad to hear members are seeing a benefit. That really makes my day.

Tweak
07-03-2017, 11:44 PM
Thanks James! I thought it was faster, too, but I wanted to check if it was just my wishful thinking! Glad to hear members are seeing a benefit. That really makes my day.

If they are seeing anything like I'm seeing I am sure they'll be very pleased! :cool:

rustbucket
08-12-2017, 03:16 PM
I'm having trouble logging in. It seems to have started after the site migration. It worked fine at first but not lately. I log in, get the little dialog box that says "Thank you for logging in, rustbucket" and then when I go to say, "New Posts", it tells me I'm not logged in so I repeat the process again, usually with the same results. Eventually it seems to start working. Am I doing something wrong?

Fiat500USA
08-12-2017, 06:39 PM
I'm having trouble logging in. It seems to have started after the site migration. It worked fine at first but not lately. I log in, get the little dialog box that says "Thank you for logging in, rustbucket" and then when I go to say, "New Posts", it tells me I'm not logged in so I repeat the process again, usually with the same results. Eventually it seems to start working. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the trouble. I've been checking into this. It seems there is a delay in the site recognizing you are logged in. When that happens, just reload the page or click on one of the navigation buttons and the next page that loads will show you logged in. You do not need to login again.

I've also noticed there is a delay in posts getting posted after you hit submit. It will automatically just appear on its own after a couple of moments. You can also try clicking on another button like "What's New" or "New Posts" and then going back to the thread and your post will be there.

Thanks for everyone patience while we work some bugs out.
Chris