PDA

View Full Version : High milage "L" models w/Aisian 6 speed auto

Kawzak
06-16-2017, 09:52 AM
To those owners that have the later models w/the Aisian trans. What is your milage, and how does the trans act with some miles on it?.

fieryphoenix
07-24-2017, 11:03 AM
To those owners that have the later models w/the Aisian trans. What is your milage, and how does the trans act with some miles on it?.

I don't exactly have high mileage, 20K to be exact on a 2015 Trekking, but I have noticed significant improvement since new...My only complaint is that at low speeds in stop and go traffic the downshift is VERY abrupt, especially from 3rd to 2nd. Under normal acceleration it is smooth as can be. Even at full-throttle it shifts very quickly and is barely noticeable. Slowing down to make a turn I feel I need to give it more gas than "normal" to resume speed resulting in very high revs before shifting again. I mainly attribute that to an underpowered engine in a relatively heavy car. This car would do much better with the 2.4L like the 500X. Overall, I am happy with the transmission's performance.

BlueNado
10-28-2017, 12:21 AM
Not super high mileage yet, but I'm sitting at 42k right now. It has been an extremely hard 42k at that. About half of that is travel for work, and the rest is mail route/a few long trips. Transmission seems to be holding up just fine. I think I am going to change trans fluid soon as a precautionary measure though. Even the manual states what I'm doing as "hard use".

akcapfiat
10-29-2017, 09:30 PM
We have a 2015 500L in the Easy trim, with the Aisan suspension. We have tracked our mileage in Fuelly across 12,000 miles and our average is 27.5 -- with a high of 32.2 and a low of 24.25.

The transmission shifts well, with an occassional abrupt low speed downshift.

akcapfiat
12-16-2017, 05:38 PM
lol, transmission... Aisan transmission.

CoachRick
12-17-2017, 11:53 AM
Driving 1200 miles next weekend(lousy weather predicted for some of that time)...hoping our Elle with 34k miles has ZERO transmission problems! So far, so good ;)

Brandon.martin15
03-26-2019, 07:14 AM
62K here on a 2015 Trekking. No problems as of yet. Feel like my shifts are becoming a little slower / harder at times. Will be changing the fluid this weekend, hoping that will save it from problems in the long run. Other than that the last 40K miles have been trouble free other than a turbo replacement basic maintenance(wheel bearing, brakes, bent rim, etc).