PDA

View Full Version : Fiat USA website

Fiat500USA
01-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Here is some news I thought I would share with all of you. We are all having fun playing with the Fiat USA website's 500 configurator, but the best is yet to come. The current site is considered temporary, and a new site will be launched, so keep an eye out for it.

<smiley image='smiley_good.gif'/>

sjmst
01-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Great!

Vlad92
01-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Please give us an online Prima tracking tool with real time tracking from build to delivery!

Prima 109
01-08-2011, 11:42 AM
that would be Cool!!

ciddyguy
01-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Oooo...

More info on what's available in accessories, hopefully!

This could answer many of our questions once up.

Now if we can just get the dealers that are going to be Fiat Studios to at least update on their progress.

Still only have some outdated info from the dealers here if they say anything at all so far. :-(

I may have to find contact info and email...

Fiat500USA
01-08-2011, 11:43 PM
From what I understand, the site will be up around the time the full blown marketing for the car will happen (that's scheduled in March/April).

JustWilliam
01-11-2011, 07:49 PM
This is GREAT news!

I have always appreciated that the current US configurator states (in effect) "illustration only, additional configurations available." Now we know for certain!

I haven't been able to decide on a color combo yet- (the palette is SO GOOD) but I'm confident I'll be able to have my manual transmission and "must have" options in both pop and sport models. YAY!

Jim McKenzie
01-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Exactly right William. I noticed that at the Detroit Auto Show there was a mocha latte 500 with the brown leather interior and also with the white steering wheel heater planel, cd panel combo.

So I went to the configurator and could not come up with that combo (exterior, seats, interior) no matter what I selected...meaning there are indeed choices that exist that the configurator won't allow you to select.

Great hope for those that have not been able (so far) to make their perfect car. Good catch!

Minuszka
02-15-2011, 11:54 PM
That's an improvement, but it doesn't look to be correct at all. For NC it lists 2 dealers, when there is really only one ( Cary ). The other one is in SC, and for that State there isn't any listed. The map location is off about 100 miles too. It lists it as "Opening in February". - it is possible, but about 3 weeks ago there was no building at all and they have to build one from the ground up.

ciddyguy
02-16-2011, 12:17 AM
<quote author="Vlad92">
Just noticed that the Fiat USA website has been updated to list all Studios by state.

<a href="http://www.fiatusa.com">http://www.fiatusa.com</a>

Check it out under "Find a Dealer"!
</quote>

I can't even get the button to activate right now, if I don't choose a state, it gives me an oops, gotta choose a state, but when I do and hit submit, nothing happens so wonder if they temporarily deactivated it while they corrected things.

Then again, IE is acting funky and not working tonight and I've had issues with Firefox of late and am downloading the update to Lavasoft's Adaware program so I can scan this stupid computer for adware and I'll have to do the same with spybot too, you know, just to be sure.

CaliberSRT4
02-16-2011, 03:50 AM
Use Chrome or Safari. Also, the map opens as a pdf in a new window. You might have to ctrl-click or disable pop-up blockers.

Or you can go there with a direct link:

http://www.fiatusa.com/en/pdf/fiat_florida.pdf

Replace Florida with whatever state you want.

Jim McKenzie
02-16-2011, 06:59 AM
This new update is excellent and depressing news for me. I live in Wesley Chapel Florida, and it appears that the state will get 11 (!) Fiat Studios, and 2(!) in Orlando.

The next town over from me and just north of Tampa, is Lutz...and of course the Lutz dealership is the only one without an opening date. All the rest show March or April, with the nearest dealership, Fiat of Clearwater (Dayton Andrews Chrysler on Gulf to Bay) being an April opening.

It's great news that the site is updated, and I am thrilled for the PE guys starting to get shipping info...but for the folks that are ordering a 500 the way they want it...it appears we may not get a customized car until at least May-June.

ciddyguy
02-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks caliberSRT4,

Wish they'd let it be known it'd open as a PDF in the first place and apparently, PDF's aren't opening with Firefox for some reason. My PC has been acting strange of late. IE just won't work right now.

That said, it looks like if the info is correct, all three will be available by March or April.

There IS one on Aurora Ave as I thought since it's an Autonation owned dealer and it looks to be right next door to the Chry/Dodge/Jeep dealer as Dodge is being combined with Jeep and Chrysler into one dealer with Fiat seperate, the Kirkland one, I saw the Chry/Jeep/Dodge dealer but not the Fiat dealer although there are signs saying it's coming soon but perhaps just not right there at that spot.

The other one IS indicated to be in Tacoma, an hour's drive south of Seattle where my Mom lives actually, but the only address they show is the Town and Country on Aurora. The great news is that all three are easily accessible to me. The Aurora Ave dealer, I can get to within 30 minutes (it's within Seattle), the Kirkland one, about the same, traffic permitting, it's north East of the city up in the Kirkland/Totem Lake area and the other as I said, is about an hour or a bi

sonicsby5
02-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Wahoo! Looks like two dealers open in March up here.

sjmst
02-16-2011, 01:13 PM
<quote author="CaliberSRT4">
Use Chrome or Safari. Also, the map opens as a pdf in a new window. You might have to ctrl-click or disable pop-up blockers.

Or you can go there with a direct link:

http://www.fiatusa.com/en/pdf/fiat_florida.pdf

Replace Florida with whatever state you want.
</quote>
This is the only one I can open. Repalcing Florida with Newyork, New york or NY doesn't work.

MrJones
02-16-2011, 01:33 PM
</quote>
This is the only one I can open. Repalcing Florida with Newyork, New york or NY doesn't work.
</quote>

fiat_newyork.pdf

all files are lowercase
two name states are sometimes oneword, others separated by underscore

sjmst
02-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Updated again!

Back to

"FIAT Studios arriving soon."

Love it! LOLOL. Progress is for the birds, let's regress! <smiley image='smiley_happy.gif'/>

jvsgabriel
02-18-2011, 10:36 PM
The website has some geographical inaccuracies on the California page. Last I checked Downey was way closer to Los Angeles and not so much in central California. And that Carlsbad was a bit closer to the coast and not so inland, but I digress, it is nice to see some changes to the website.

So when will the call come? I guess as the San Diego proper dealer doesn't have a clue when he will be up and running as there is no estimated month listed. I guess it will be a trip up to LA's Motor village to get my PE. Oh well it should be the best trip down home ever.

Joel #366.

ciddyguy
02-18-2011, 10:41 PM
<quote author="sjmst">
Updated again!

Back to

"FIAT Studios arriving soon."

Love it! LOLOL. Progress is for the birds, let's regress! <smiley image='smiley_happy.gif'/>
</quote>

Yeah, just saw that. My guess is they took it down to update/fix it and I'm sure it'll go back up here soon.

Prima 109
02-20-2011, 04:47 AM
that's right. When they called me yesterday(Saturday) to confirm delivery on my car, they said it is being updated again and will be back up soon.

craig