PDA

View Full Version : Too low...?

pizzamann95
06-02-2017, 01:17 PM
In an uncharacteristic move, I decided to get lazy and take my car to the car wash. I was denied service because my vehicle is "too low." The front is stock height and I have 1.25" lowering springs in the rear. It's kind of funny because I would hardly call it low, let alone, too low. Long story short, I'm washing my car at home and it's hot and humid.

Fiat500USA
06-02-2017, 01:20 PM
In an uncharacteristic move, I decided to get lazy and take my car to the car wash. I was denied service because my vehicle is "too low." The front is stock height and I have 1.25" lowering springs in the rear. It's kind of funny because I would hardly call it low, let alone, too low. Long story short, I'm washing my car at home and it's hot and humid.

I think they did you a favor. My wife took her Audi A4 through the car wash and you could here the underbody getting thumped and bumped. It was a stomach turning experience!

rustbucket
06-02-2017, 03:42 PM
I think they did you a favor.

I do, too. My stock '13 Sport more than likely sits a fair amount higher than your Turbo and it barely makes it through the car wash. On a few occasions it didn't sound good going through the wash with a big ruckus coming from underneath. I check for damage when I have it in for service and up on the lift and so far have been lucky ... there has been none. They've revamped the wash and it's been better but there's still very little room to spare ... just getting lined up is like making a carrier landing. Start bending/ damaging suspension/ steering components and it can get expensive in a hurry.

SVAGO 1
06-02-2017, 09:07 PM
The car wash by me has a conveyor belt under each wheel, no guide rails of any kind and the wheel/tire brushes are laser guided. If the car is too low, they simply don't come out and you have to scrub your wheels by hand. I'll bet a bagged and slammed car could go through that car wash! There are some water jets that shoot up from under the car that make some noise hitting the under carriage, but they do not spray up into the engine bay, just the under-carriage, and then only if you pay for that service.

pizzamann95
06-02-2017, 10:07 PM
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27037&stc=1I ended up doing it myself. I also did a full detail with clay bar, polish, glaze, sealant, wax, and dressing. What was supposed to take twenty minutes took almost the whole day.

Southernroadrunner
06-02-2017, 10:29 PM
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27037&stc=1I ended up doing it myself. I also did a full detail with clay bar, polish, glaze, sealant, wax, and dressing. What was supposed to take twenty minutes took almost the whole day.
Pizzaman when you do the complete detail does that include dusting the hula girl

pizzamann95
06-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Pizzaman when you do the complete detail does that include dusting the hula girl

Ummm...that's private.