PDA

View Full Version : 500t performance help

jasonroberts2772
05-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Hey guys so I just bought a 2013 500t and its a great little car first turbo car so to me it feels alot faster than it is but I want to get into the 200hp range I have a k&n cold air intake but that's it at the moment what are some cheap and RELIABLE mods for the car that will have the most impact to get me closer to my goal. I'm shooting for low 14s on the 1/4. Also how much can I do before I have to replace the stock clutch? Thanks

fierostetz
05-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Hey guys so I just bought a 2013 500t and its a great little car first turbo car so to me it feels alot faster than it is but I want to get into the 200hp range I have a k&n cold air intake but that's it at the moment what are some cheap and RELIABLE mods for the car that will have the most impact to get me closer to my goal. I'm shooting for low 14s on the 1/4. Also how much can I do before I have to replace the stock clutch? Thanks

Go take a gander at the 500 Abarth performance forum, its more relevant to what you want to do I believe. 500 madness has a piggyback, Eurocompulsion has a full real flash for the ecu, rrm has a piggyback too.

Robert Nixon
05-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Welcome to the forum, congrats on the 500T!

I think the racers always say that "speed costs money, how much do you want to spend" comes to mind.

jasonroberts2772
05-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the quick responds and I'm fine with saveing up money its more of I want to do the upgrades that do the most without needing a new clutch right away or new fuel pump. I can save the money but I don't have the money to fix something right away if it can't take the power. Its a daily driver so I need it to still be reliable and I heard most abarth parts will work with the 500t no problem but I haven't been told how that affects the reliability of the car or if it will cause problems down the line

TachItUp
05-02-2017, 12:17 PM
The 500T has goofy boost maps from the factory, so if you go with a piggyback you'll still have the same maps, just with a bit more boost. For that reason I'd recommend a Euro+Drive tune since it will replace the factory maps. Add an intake, plugs, and diverter valve and you should be pretty close to where you want to be. The engine tuning MAY void your warranty, but it should not affect longevity of the actual components.

jasonroberts2772
05-02-2017, 12:22 PM
Its okay I dont have a warranty anyways unfortunately lol but I already have the intake so that's good but where can I find this euro+drive and how much is it

TachItUp
05-02-2017, 12:24 PM
https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/abarth-engine/products/euro-drive-tuning-system-abarth-fiat-500t

$849

jasonroberts2772
05-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Sweet thanks one more question how would the stock clutch handle 200hp? Like what's the limit on needing a aftermarket one?

TachItUp
05-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Clutches are rated for torque, not horsepower since horsepower is a mathematical equation based off torque. Anyway, the stock transmission is good to at least 250 lb-ft so you're not going to stress anything until you're making a lot more than your current goal.

JohnnyRenton
05-02-2017, 01:46 PM
I am taking a possession of a new Abarth later this week (or next if the rail car unloading takes any longer). I've spent the past few months researching what mods would not just increase power, but also be reliable (reliability is critically important for what I want to do). The combination I have come up with is intake and front mounted intercooler first, then new plugs when I do an ECU tune (which will most likely be the E+D flash tune but may be the E+D Lite, depending on some of the details of the latter). With that combination I feel pretty confident that I can tune it for around 210HP while still ensuring I am not stressing the engine or any additional components.

If I tuned it beyond that I would probably upgrade the clutch at that point but for my goal, and yours, I agree with TachItUp that you dont need to worry about it.

gundam2000
05-02-2017, 01:59 PM
add a dv+ and alfa 4c coils. to your purchases JohnnyRenton

JohnnyRenton
05-02-2017, 02:16 PM

Those are considerations further down the road, depending on my budget. Once I get the initial two rounds of upgrades that I mentioned above completed suspension will be next on the list (and unlike most I am looking to modify for more offroad, rugged conditions versus the track, so I have a feeling that wont leave me which much extra money after that for a while).

Rhilpp1
05-02-2017, 02:57 PM

Why 4C coils specifically?

jasonroberts2772
05-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Sweet thanks

Eurowned
05-10-2017, 02:01 AM
Clutches are rated for torque, not horsepower since horsepower is a mathematical equation based off torque. Anyway, the stock transmission is good to at least 250 lb-ft so you're not going to stress anything until you're making a lot more than your current goal.

stock tranny is reliable to 300ft lbs at the flywheel. Specifically 4th gear making over 300ft lbs can peel the teeth off under certain conditions.