PDA

View Full Version : My fiat sounds like a crotch rocket!

Jordanaasquith
04-11-2017, 07:07 AM
2014 fiat 500l. 76000 miles. Driving today fine, no issues, then out of nowhere what i can only assume is the transmission, starts making an ungodly loud noise that has a high pitch rev like a crotch rocket taking off or a rotary tool spinning. Cars on, idles fine. In park no issue, in reverse no issue, and of course no issue in nuetral. Now if i put it on drive with my foot on the brake theres no noise, but as soon as i begin to let up on the brake (before the car even moves) it starts to scream like a crotch rocket going from 0-60 in a second. Theres a small vibration coming from the gear shifter but other than that and the ungodly noise theres no other symptoms ive been able to spot. No cel.

Fiat500USA
04-11-2017, 09:10 AM
Welcome to the forum. A few questions: Is this a 500L MPV? Is the transmission slipping? Has the car had the TCM recall performed?

KellyfromVA
04-11-2017, 09:22 AM
If the noise you're describing is as noticeable as you claim, then I suspect the transmission will leave you stranded soon. Better get it looked at before it does.

Jordanaasquith
04-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the reply. Mpv is the 5 seater right? Yes. There was no slippage at all leading up to this. Theres no way to really tell if its slipping right now since going anywhere above a 1/2 mph it screams like a bat. no recall

Fiat500USA
04-11-2017, 10:29 AM
That needs to be checked out like Kelly says. The sooner the better. You should also check to see if your car needs any recall work performed. Here is a link to do that: https://www.mopar.com/fiat/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls.html

I moved this to the 500L Issues Forum. Good luck.