PDA

View Full Version : I ACCEPT UCONNECT!! Now, how can I get it to stop asking me to accept???????

lanssolo
03-09-2017, 05:04 PM
I start the car, and I immediately am asked to accept the UConnect terms - which I have accepted every fracking time I start the car. Can I get it to stop asking me? I'm beginning to go mental.

Grabo
03-09-2017, 06:11 PM
From what I've read in other threads.....no you can't stop it.

Southernroadrunner
03-09-2017, 06:17 PM
What would happen if you unhooked the battery for a bit.

abarthdude
03-09-2017, 06:39 PM
Only had mine a couple weeks now and I agree, that is really annoying.

Ando
03-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Unfortunately it's just a legal thing.

The infotainment systems I am familiar with simply flash a warning on start-up roughly stating "By starting the vehicle you agree to our terms, turn off the car right now if you don't." Or so I assume, I've never bothered to read them. XD

While the described path is better for usability it isn't as powerful of a legal tool as physically making the user "accept" the terms as Fiat does.

lanssolo
03-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Dang. I was hoping it wasn't true... my ford has never had warning, but our Ram did. Must be all Uconnect, eh?

abarthdude
03-11-2017, 10:23 AM
I just realized yesterday, mine goes away after a few seconds even if I don't press accept. Maybe 15 secs or so. Mine is a 2017.

lanssolo
03-13-2017, 07:07 PM
I just realized yesterday, mine goes away after a few seconds even if I don't press accept. Maybe 15 secs or so. Mine is a 2017.

I didn't know that and yep, it does go away after a bit. But I'm usually impatient to enter an address into the nav, or get the right station playing, lol. So I guess I'll just have to keep hitting accept.

Greg Elmassian
03-22-2018, 05:42 PM
Agreed unbelievably irritating... and if you keep accepting, it acts like you have not set your home location too... I think the software developers smoked too much crack cocaine and lost their memory like the nav system.

Greg