PDA

View Full Version : Dripping from a tube passenger rear side

Daddio
02-18-2017, 09:12 PM
Hi new here to forum, usually on Samba for my 69 Bug.

I have a 500L Trekking 2014, 7,000 miles. Today I noticed a oil stain in drive, looked under Fiat and there was a tube that hangs straight down 1/4" OD with oil dripping from it. My wife has same model and year 14,000 miles , hers doesn't drip but does leave a drop on finger when you touch it. I am assuming this is some blowout hose for something. Oil was clearish to yellow. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I drive mine pretty hard and enjoy the turbo kicking in. Oh ya I live south east of Cleveland, don't know if weather matters .

Fiat500USA
02-19-2017, 12:39 AM
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like some leak detection dye coming from the evaporator drain tube. If you have a leak, it will glow fluorescent when you shine an ultraviolet light on the leak/drain tube. That would then mean you have a refrigeration leak. How does your A/C work?

Daddio
02-19-2017, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like some leak detection dye coming from the evaporator drain tube. If you have a leak, it will glow fluorescent when you shine an ultraviolet light on the leak/drain tube. That would then mean you have a refrigeration leak. How does your A/C work?

Thanks for feedback, relatively cold here so a/c is great, will find out in a few months when it warms up.

Fiat500USA
02-19-2017, 10:36 PM
Thanks for feedback, relatively cold here so a/c is great, will find out in a few months when it warms up.

Was it good before it got cold out? Hopefully you are still under warranty. The dealer can check the A/C system before it gets warm out.

Daddio
02-20-2017, 08:51 PM
Was it good before it got cold out? Hopefully you are still under warranty. The dealer can check the A/C system before it gets warm out.

Worked like a champ. 60 degrees out today , ran a/c got nice and cold. No drips after running.

Daddio
02-26-2017, 09:21 PM
Worked like a champ. 60 degrees out today , ran a/c got nice and cold. No drips after running.

The tube is an overflow for the gas tank filler, and the fluid was the jet cleaner I added to the tank. When I squeezed the bottle must have found the overflow hole.

Fiat500USA
02-26-2017, 09:56 PM
The tube is an overflow for the gas tank filler, and the fluid was the jet cleaner I added to the tank. When I squeezed the bottle must have found the overflow hole.

Thanks for posting what it turned out to be. I missed the part where you said it was in the rear! Glad it turned out to be nothing.