PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Model Changes

Fiat500USA
02-16-2017, 01:10 AM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/--4i6at9hp-4/WKTUom-KNfI/AAAAAAAAxUk/T7tkLG_i4s8WJRjey4mo7L-bpuqMxbVlwCPcB/s600/Fiat-124-Spider-Grigio-Moda.jpg

The order books are open for the 2018 Fiat 124 Spider. The 2018 model year brings new colors and the ability to order individual option groups instead of the large combined packages of last year.For example, last year if you just wanted to get the Navigation and Sound Group w/SiriusXM, you were required to take the Premium Package that consisted of the Visibility Group, and the Comfort and http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~4/gNwubQfH8JU

Read about it here... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/gNwubQfH8JU/2018-fiat-124-spider-model-changes.html)

bryanintowson
02-16-2017, 09:26 AM
*sigh* when will we get REAL colors?!

stubtail
02-16-2017, 01:43 PM

^this
such a weak effort overall by FIAT. If there is a way to be under whelming they will find it.

bryanintowson
02-16-2017, 06:36 PM
I'm gonna blame Mazda here.

Klasse Act
02-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Yeah, the X gets waaaaay more colors even!

I'd like to see a "real" increase in power for the Abarth 124, I mean our cars went from 100 base to 160 and maybe it can't be that much I don't think 200 hp is too much to ask for when stepping up the a special model?

Fiat500USA
02-16-2017, 08:06 PM
I'm gonna blame Mazda here.

Yes, according to highly placed source this is the reason. If it was up to Fiat they would have a similar wide ranging palette as all its other models.

Yeah, the X gets waaaaay more colors even!

I'd like to see a "real" increase in power for the Abarth 124, I mean our cars went from 100 base to 160 and maybe it can't be that much I don't think 200 hp is too much to ask for when stepping up the a special model?

From the same highly placed source - thank our emission regulations for keeping the power where it is. In Europe the stock Spider gets ~138hp. We just happen to get the good stuff/higher output for once. Remember, the Abarth is actually less expensive than the Mazda.

Tweak
02-16-2017, 11:00 PM

Grey/silver are really all that's needed unless it's an Abarth with the black hood then white and red are also acceptable but nothing else really is needed. :p

neubauerjoseph
02-17-2017, 11:10 PM
Hey Mr. Fiat500USA do you know when they will add the abarth badge or the euro wheel. Also So can you just buy bose Speakers? I was hoping that if can be just like I bought my Fiat 500. Or could they just have bose as standard equipment.

Ducman69
02-27-2017, 04:41 PM
The beauty is in the details though.

For my Corvette, and then later my Fiat 500 Turbo, there were a lot of little fixes here and there done between model years after the launch year. Launch years tend to be problematic, and on my 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo for example, apparently there was an issue with the window trim (always squeaks) that was fixed for 2014, but of course they won't advertise such a fix. The fact that ECU upgrades from Euro-Tuning for example were only available for 2013 and not 2014 until recently, tells me there were probably all kinds of tweaks to the ECU and all around the vehicle. For my Vette, you got a different clutch and all kinds of little tweaks that were not advertised model year changes, but helped in reliability and fit and finish and the like, based on customer feedback for most common complaints and warranty problems.

So that is one reason I'm strongly considering waiting for a 2018, as they may have ironed out some of the bugs... thoughts?

Sammy124
02-27-2017, 08:30 PM
The beauty is in the details though.

For my Corvette, and then later my Fiat 500 Turbo, there were a lot of little fixes here and there done between model years after the launch year. Launch years tend to be problematic, and on my 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo for example, apparently there was an issue with the window trim (always squeaks) that was fixed for 2014, but of course they won't advertise such a fix. The fact that ECU upgrades from Euro-Tuning for example were only available for 2013 and not 2014 until recently, tells me there were probably all kinds of tweaks to the ECU and all around the vehicle. For my Vette, you got a different clutch and all kinds of little tweaks that were not advertised model year changes, but helped in reliability and fit and finish and the like, based on customer feedback for most common complaints and warranty problems.

So that is one reason I'm strongly considering waiting for a 2018, as they may have ironed out some of the bugs... thoughts?

What bugs? I'm coming up on 5,000 miles at just over 6 months and there's no bugs. My 124 Lusso is a pretty fine-tuned, well oiled machine.

Ducman69
02-27-2017, 11:27 PM
What bugs? I'm coming up on 5,000 miles at just over 6 months and there's no bugs. My 124 Lusso is a pretty fine-tuned, well oiled machine.
I have no idea (only issue I've heard of is that the red paint has a very soft clearcoat and is easy to scratch), but 5K miles is not even the first oil change, so I wouldn't knock on wood yet. The Fiat 500 clutch recall for example wasn't found until years later.

Any car I've ever owned, usually early model years had a couple bugs (sometimes minor) that were later revised. Mustang Cobra, Chevy Corvette, Dodge SRT4, Fiat 500 Turbo... heck, even my dad's Dodge Charger Scat Pack with its new uConnect 8.4 that just came out, had bugs and a firmware update fixed them, and earlier Chargers had issues you wouldn't notice right away, like hood corrosion caused by using a dissimilar metal for the hood latch to the rest of the hood without an insulating material between them.

Its possible the Fiat 124, even as a brand new model year, is completely immune from this common trend. At least this car is more Japanese than Italian, with 75% Hiroshima parts content, which helps as Mazda has a decent reputation for reliability, and powertrain wise the 1.4 Multiair has a good reputation as does the last gen Mazda transmission used.

unknownsir
02-28-2017, 04:38 PM
i think it is a bonus that the 124 was released after the miata. so anything shared between the platforms had a chance to have the bugs worked out.

dabowie3270
12-09-2017, 12:32 PM
i think it is a bonus that the 124 was released after the miata. so anything shared between the platforms had a chance to have the bugs worked out.

Unfortunately, this car looks too much like a Miata, so I can't bring myself to consider buying it.

steve6225
12-13-2017, 10:33 AM
Unfortunately, this car looks too much like a Miata, so I can't bring myself to consider buying it.

No one who is familiar with both cars would agree with you. Maybe you need to take an actual look at the two cars... Or get your eyes checked.