PDA

View Full Version : Shop in East Bay?

godxilla
02-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Hi - Im looking to get some performance upgrades installed on my 2013 Abarth. I live in the east bay (walnut creek) area. Any shops any can recommend?

Thanks

AF

stubtail
02-11-2017, 10:56 AM
don't even consider Euro AutoPros in Walnut Creek.

godxilla
02-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Good to know. Thanks. i was actually going to try them. It seems like slim pickings around here...

stubtail
02-11-2017, 10:26 PM
They were a nightmare in so many ways when I was in need. I had to threaten them with my ex-wife corporate lawyer, telling them you really don't want to deal with her, to get them to stop jerking me around.

Not many options that I have found. 1 place in the city seemed legit, but they were packed with work. A couple places on the peninsula and Hayward area is all I know.

godxilla
02-13-2017, 12:02 AM
What the name of the place in Hayward? i would appreciate the help. slim pickings around here it seems...

dparnas
02-15-2017, 12:24 PM
I live in Danville, would be curious to know of any shops in the East Bay too as my 2013 nears the end of the warranty. The only place I know if in the bay area that specializes in Abarth performance upgrades is Edge Motorworks in Mountain View. Might just be worth driving a little further to find a shop that specializes in our cars.

PE #389
02-15-2017, 05:06 PM
Depends on what kind of work you want done. If you have a decent set of tools and time to watch a bunch of Youtube videos, you can get a lot of work done at home. Edge motorworks are good, but are pretty pricey. If you are just doing bolt-ons, I recommend doing them yourself. If you are doing stuff like front struts, then you will still need an alignment so may just go with a shop.
Am in the East Bay and a huge DIY'er....unless I don't have the tools. Also, this might not work for some people, but for me, if a shop has never touched an abarth but have great reviews for same type of work on other cars, I give them a call. It doesn't bother me as long as they have experience with that type of work e.g. suspension, exhausts....you get the picture.

PE #389