PDA

View Full Version : Cup Holders \ Where does the liquid go if you spill?!

ebechin
12-31-2016, 07:26 PM
I had a large drink in the cup holder (one near the shifter) on my abarth. Didn't realize after grabbing it to get a drink that the cup had a hole on the bottom and all the drink is completely gone. Where does that liquid go? None of the surrounding carpet is wet. Any help is appreciated!

Mr_Ed
12-31-2016, 09:51 PM
My cupholder has a rubber, removable liner... in the past when I've removed the liner the plastic base appeared to be sealed (formed as one piece). This is not the case for yours?
I would have assumed that any liquid over flowing from the cupholder would soak under the carpeting.... I look forward to hearing theories from those who actually know.

ebechin
01-01-2017, 03:44 AM
Thanks. That is what I thought too... but all of it is gone. I will take it apart tomorrow when there is light and see. I wish it would've overflowed like my other cars do but this one just went somewhere... imagine underneath.

My cupholder has a rubber, removable liner... in the past when I've removed the liner the plastic base appeared to be sealed (formed as one piece). This is not the case for yours?
I would have assumed that any liquid over flowing from the cupholder would soak under the carpeting.... I look forward to hearing theories from those who actually know.

Mr_Ed
01-01-2017, 11:22 AM
oops

ebechin
01-03-2017, 03:46 PM
oops

for real!!

JSTFLKIT
01-03-2017, 06:09 PM
This is interesting, I myself would like to know where it went as well because liquid and electronics in the shifter probably wouldn't mix very well and I'd like to safeguard ahead of time if possible.

Only thing that disappears from my cup holder is my spare change when I go to get the car washed.

Trunkout
01-03-2017, 07:42 PM
This is interesting, I myself would like to know where it went as well because liquid and electronics in the shifter probably wouldn't mix very well and I'd like to safeguard ahead of time if possible.

Only thing that disappears from my cup holder is my spare change when I go to get the car washed.

please explain "electronics in the shifter".
there is nothing below the cup holder.

JSTFLKIT
01-04-2017, 11:55 AM
please explain "electronics in the shifter".
there is nothing below the cup holder.
I have never removed the console in my 2015 Abarth so I have no idea if any wiring is running between the trans tunnel and console... for the shifter, usb, power port etc...
I was making an assumption and I shouldn't have.

ebechin
01-04-2017, 02:49 PM
I haven't gotten to taking out the console. Weather is horrible and I don't have a garage. Hoping this weekend to see what happened with my large soda :-)

Will advise and post pics of what is under that carpeting and trans tunnel